Active Topics

Notices

Hi there guys,
I was checking the maemo forum out for some interesting things. The one of the things I found was the custom smileys for sms chat screen. I would like to add my own png smileys, for example I would love to have the kiss smiley. What I found out was the smiley codes and filenames are being held in the
/usr/bin/rtcom-messaging-ui.launch
But, when I opened it, I didnt find anything to chage or add, because there were no such lines like
chat_smiley_veryhappy...: D..:-D.: d..:-d.
or
chat_smiley_tongue..: P..:-P.: p..:-p.
I did try some of the hex editors, notepads etc, but I dont think there is such line to change the codes of the smileys and smiley images.
So, I am asking for help, you guys, maybe some1 is interested and knows more?
Thanks in advance

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martini For This Useful Post:
Check out this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40324
it should be some help to you, if you read it all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Thanks JonWW for your reply,
as a matter of fact, I got the inspiration exactly from the topic you told I read it all, but the deeper problem is in my post

The Following User Says Thank You to Martini For This Useful Post:
looking for this too

The Following User Says Thank You to zylor For This Useful Post:
checked some files from /usr/bin directory, none of them has something to do with smileys we need some smartass to push us the the right way

The Following User Says Thank You to Martini For This Useful Post:
yes me too want more similes its will b great if we alot of similies in sms conversation

The Following User Says Thank You to NOMIOMI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
I apologise for waking up the old thread, but in case somebody needs the detailed answer, go to post by Cirne.
Short answer: /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/smilies/user/default.def
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Yes, that trick helps to get rid of smileys. However the topic as I understand it was replacing the smileys with custom ones. The linked thread deals with that in post #5, but people still forget the IMO crucial bit. All of this will only affect you. I would think that custom smileys only make sense if both parties of the conversation see the same thing. Otherwise you may see a kiss where the other party will see only some strange punctuation. No trick will help you with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
...However the topic as I understand it was replacing the smileys with custom ones. The ... people still forget the IMO crucial bit. All of this will only affect you. I would think that custom smileys only make sense if both parties of the conversation see the same thing. Otherwise you may see a kiss where the other party will see only some strange punctuation. No trick will help you with that.
Well. There is a Fremantle closed package "rtcom-skype-emoticons-theme". Replacing it with a CSSU open package would give the same smileys to all Skype-N900 users. Of course, you would still have to maintain some compatibility with desktop Skype syntax. But, I hope that maintaining the same smileys syntax will not count as using Skype's closed code. And the only problem with images is choosing the most community-suitable style-consistent 24px&48px sized smileys. Personally, what smileys would you prefer to see in N900 Skype? Chatzilla's? Or what another source would you recommend?
Best wishes.

Bumping...
Please, provide feedback: what smileys would you prefer to see in N900 Skype? Otherwise, I will create-or-find twenty five spider-smilies.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, smileys