Active Topics

Notices

Hi guys,

Was wondering if something like this could be achieved.

Instead of 2 tapping to unlock the screen , I was wondering if someone could implement , a one long tap and hold (2.5 secs) to unlock it.

Thank you!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That sounds like the surest way to unlock the screen accidentally in the pocket/handbag.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That sounds like the surest way to unlock the screen accidentally in the pocket/handbag.
are you telling me that the n9 doesn't have the technology my iphone 1 had?

it does not detect fingers?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
To what technology of iPhone are we refering here? None of the iPhones I have used has been able to identify whether I am unlocking it with my finger, toe, nose or side of my palm. Obviously not counting the new fingerprint technology where I can only choose one of this to be used.

But anyways, I also think this would be cool feature to have. On personal usage I would agree with Pichlo, I would be too afraid to have it on since I often do have my hands tucked to same pockets I might have my phone in.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
In /etc/mce/mce.ini, the default policy for touchscreen interrupts is to listen for double-tap when the screen is blanked. There is no option there to listen for long-press, but it does say that the behaviour can be further customised using GConf, so there may be a possibility there.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
well you are dumb. Just tried to double tap , with my finger over a very very thin layer of cotton shirt , and guess what it did not detect it as my finger.

When I have my hand inside my handbag for a mere moment , I make sure to touch my phone screen continuously for 2.5 secs , without moving my finger , no one said ever.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
In /etc/mce/mce.ini, the default policy for touchscreen interrupts is to listen for double-tap when the screen is blanked. There is no option there to listen for long-press, but it does say that the behaviour can be further customised using GConf, so there may be a possibility there.
thank you!

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by denizg View Post
well you are dumb. Just tried to double tap , with my finger over a very very thin layer of cotton shirt , and guess what it did not detect it as my finger.

When I have my hand inside my handbag for a mere moment , I make sure to touch my phone screen continuously for 2.5 secs , without moving my finger , no one said ever.
If you have a problem with his answer, then politely respond. Don't insult other people of the community.

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by denizg View Post
Hi guys,

Was wondering if something like this could be achieved.

Instead of 2 tapping to unlock the screen , I was wondering if someone could implement , a one long tap and hold (2.5 secs) to unlock it.

Thank you!
if you're willing to wait 2.5 secs - press the power button instead with your thumb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sid21177 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sid21177 View Post
if you're willing to wait 2.5 secs - press the power button instead with your thumb
thanks for missing the original point of the post. not too clever

it's meant to be an alternative , as a touchscreen gesture.