Notices

when i download apps they go straight to the menu which is fine but i would really like to order them into folder e.g games, utilities etc

cheers

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
There's MyMenu and Catorise (and possibly others) that will do this.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pakistan
get catorise

i want too but i dont know how to find it on my appliaction manager as there is no search button??? help!!!

Originally Posted by JAMIIE View Post
i want too but i dont know how to find it on my appliaction manager as there is no search button??? help!!!
Just start typing and it'll auto-search (the same as in Contacts, and several other apps).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Jamiie - have a look here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Main_Page - there's loads of useful information for new Maemo users

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
cheers was just wondering if there is one where i can choose what goes in which folder?

Once you've got Catorise, there's a little app called Catorise-GUI in Extras-Devel that lets you move apps around between folders. Haven't found a way of creating new folders or naming them differently yet - presumably there's a way, but not in that program.

Originally Posted by alynsparkes View Post
Once you've got Catorise, there's a little app called Catorise-GUI in Extras-Devel that lets you move apps around between folders. Haven't found a way of creating new folders or naming them differently yet - presumably there's a way, but not in that program.
I think MyMenu allows a lot more customisation but doesn't do anything automatically, whereas Catorise aims to categorise the applications automatically and then allows a limited amount of customisation. I've not used either myself though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Appmefo

It lets you create folders (naming them whatever you wish) and put any icon in any folder.