Active Topics

Notices

WOW! Thanks...

I have uploaded another small update (3.1.5). The emulator:
  • Camera key can be used in the control scheme.
  • Pause menu has a button to invoke the task switcher.
And the GUI:
  • Added support for camera focus key in keys configuration.

With a volume button assigned to L and the camera button to R, it feels almost like holding a real GBA.

Unfortunately, this scheme is not usable with camkeyd. But to make up for it, I have added a button in the pause menu, which makes it possible to activate the task switcher without sliding out the keyboard.

Custom commands in the GUI are also pretty useful: with "sudo stop camkeyd" in "before" field and "sudo start camkeyd" in "after" I can automatically gain furious button mashing capabilities when the emulator is running and get fast window switching back after it is closed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Where to download update? I see gpspmgui 3.1.1-1 in synaptic.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Update your catalogs first...

OT: I downloaded the the update and I like it a lot.
I doubt I'd use it much 'cause it easier to bind L and R to X and Y on my gamegripper, but I can definitely see myself using it when I'm out and about without it.
Good job man

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Already updated. Maybe i need to change *.list
Now i have skeiron.org repos enabled.

Is there possible to add wifi battle support to gpSP?

I've had a free while to test latest version of gpsp, and I must say that improvements are amazing. Thanks a lot, gdizzz, it won't be too bold to say that even desktops doesn't have so smooths GBA emulating experience, as your smoothly integrated GUI, (in pair with tweaked base gpsp), offers!

I have one maemo-specific feature request, that (I hope) shouldn't be hard nor time consuming to implement, yet would be *very* usefull to have:
It's about expanding a little (already present in gpsp) accelerometer support. I found that it works suprisingly well for many sim/arcade sim games (Wings, Tomcat F-14, Wing Commander, etc), allowing for even better control experience, than on native GBA - the thing is, that it assume "neutral" position at an angle that is *very* unpleasant to play, i.e. when N900 lies flat on table. So, to keep it without triggering directional keys, one need to "hang" above horizontaly positioned N900, tilting it to get input.

Now, there are two possible workarounds for this that I imagine - the best one is seen on most accelerometer-enabled Maemo games, already (including Open Source ones, like Alpha Strike, or "Accelemymote" tool, so approriate code could get "borrowed", if nothing else), and works in a way that device "calibrate" neutral point at accel. readings from when game is started.

In this variant, all the user have to do is to held N900 in comfortable position, while hitting "start" from gpspGUI. In case of accel. enabled globally/for that particular game, main gpsp application would set neutral point for accel. readout at startup.

Other, less comfortable, but absolutely acceptable solution, would be to set neutral point for accelerometer in gpsp config file (and/or from GUI "general settings"). There are many programs that give readouts for current gyro's position, so one would need to check them while holding N900 comfortably, then write it into config. Not as smooth as 1st solution, but would still work, nevertheless.
---

Last but not least, it would be nice to have control over what get mapped to acceleromete positions. Sure, anything else than directional pads are rarely required, but in some cases, it would help - from simple up<->down inversion (when game doesn't offer Y-axis inversion from its control), as basic example. And if we would be to give that control to the user, no reason to disallow assigning more weird things, like whatever button.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
You can do that in Window menu -> Core configuration -> Custom commands, or in the corresponding window for individual games. The first input field is a command to execute before, the second to execute after.

For that specific case the commands would be something like:
Code:
kernel-config limits 250 250
Code:
kernel-config limits 500 600
or whatever other frequencies you want to use.
It can be that now this doesn´t work
the problem is that at 805 that is how I ususaly have the phone the battery consuption is very high and this custom command is not working at least for me

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
It can be that now this doesn´t work
the problem is that at 805 that is how I ususaly have the phone the battery consuption is very high and this custom command is not working at least for me
If the program is being run as user, that command would need to be run via "sudo" (so "sudo kernel-config..."), as kernel-config should be run by superuser, maybe that's the case?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
it works thanks

Tags
emulators, games