Hi

I recieved my new N810 today and am having great difficulty figuring out how to install and copy files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have installed ScummVM and wish to play a game. (Flight of the Amazon queen). I have downloaded this, it is a file named 'queen.1c'

I have connected the N810 to my PC via USB and can see a list of directories i.e. map, video, backups.

I have created a directory 'games' on the device and copy the 'queen.1c' file to the directory.. now what ?

The Nokia File manager does not see this folder. The ScummVM 'browse for games' shows a linux file system that does not correspond in any way with what the PC or 'File manager' sees.
I have tried to install 'Canoe' file manager from lancode.de, but this is not compatible with os2008.

This appears to be a very simple operation that has been made mind numbingly difficult to achieve.

Help..

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Ok, here's what ya do... Put the "Queen.1c" file on your SD card in the root directory and then when you click "Add Game" in ScummVM and see the linux file system, select Media and then MMC1 this will automatically bring up the screen to set your preferences for the game. Installs and runs GREAT! It looks good too

Cute game too can you recommend any others?

Last edited by PinCushionQueen; 2007-12-15 at 19:55.

That worked. Thankyou

I have played all of the Monkey Island games and Day of the tentacle (many years ago) and they were great.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Just thought I would clarify my previous post... You don't have to have the game file(s) in your MMC/root directory - you can put the file(s) in any directory you want and use ScummVM to navigate through the tree. I've made a Games folder and within it I've got separate folders for each of the games that I've DL'd because most of them have many files needed for play.