i can only find 'rootsh' [enable root access] but it fails to install on the n800 and the the n810 has a different error..... but it dose install there?

i'll start a new thread with the n810 error message but this is it incase u can help

ERROR

You have mo debian.img.ext2 file on your memory cards.

please use the Debian image installer in Extras.

######## i have - it says the file is fully recived?

ok right i also havea seperat thread going on trying to work out y i cannot install on the n810 but i'll contiue this one looking at the problems i'm having on a n800.

will post datails from the tablet in a moment

~ $ cd /media/mmc1
/media/mmc1 $ ls
debian-chroot-img-v2.tar.bz2
debian.img.ext2
wget-log
/media/mmc1 $

the files are internet the right place but the debian chroot dose not open correctly?

I would redo the entire Easy debian from scratch. It sounds like it did not load properly. When it loads correctly it will ask you which mmc card you want to install the debian file to. Then it tells you after that you have successfully installed. Just go into app manager and uninstall the Easy Debian hen redo installation. Follow Qole directions and reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to dan For This Useful Post:
Reinstall Easy Debian chroot carefully following every step of Qole's instructions. It works perfectly on my N800. I've installed it 2 or 3 times after reflashing the device for various reasons and it worked every time.
PC #1 - HP dv2000 Laptop - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #2 - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #3 - Ubuntu 8.04/Windoze XP dual boot
Nokia N800 internet tablet - OS2008 Diablo dual boot to SD - 4gb internal + 2gb external SD cards

The Following User Says Thank You to possessedskier For This Useful Post:
is this the correct page to download from?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=21629

ddw?

That's the page I used. The final step after running the "Debian Image Installer" is to reboot. Did you? I don't remember if I had to reboot to get mine working.

Edit: The documentation says that you need least 1.3gb free on one of your memory cards. Do you?
PC #1 - HP dv2000 Laptop - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #2 - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #3 - Ubuntu 8.04/Windoze XP dual boot
Nokia N800 internet tablet - OS2008 Diablo dual boot to SD - 4gb internal + 2gb external SD cards

Last edited by possessedskier; 2008-09-17 at 12:12.

silly question, once the 'debian image installer' has downloaded and reached 100% has the process finished? or do i have to leave it connected andit 'extracts the files all by it's self? the prodecure says the extraction takes about 15 mins, but how do i extract? [i'm on my 4th big download trying to get it to work]

thanks

ddw

OK Moshing once you install from app manager you need to find the debian Image Installer in Extras menu. Click on it and when its done it will tell you successfully installed. At some point it will ask you which mmc card you want to install easy Debian. select mmc1(external) or mmc2(internal) for N800. The whole process takes me about 30-40 minutes from start to finish. i've done it about four times. Follow Qole directions to the letter.