Active Topics

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Telescope 2.0~rc5 (extras-devel)
  • Big optimization of memory usage on X-Server side. Telescope now uses 10 Mb less memory. Seems that Launcher was using memory not very effectively and created many unnecessary pixmaps.
  • Portrait mode support in Launcher

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Portrait mode support in Launcher
Thank you!!!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Thanks, can't wait to install this tonight!

Edit: Installed and the portrait support is working excellent from what I can tell after 5-10 mins use. Thanks!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-10-02 at 02:16.

I agree, excellent work!

Thanks, guys

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Thanks! Impact on swap usage is huge!

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
how come telescope doesn't appear in my applications manager?

excelar8
May be you have it already installed? Try to find it in installed application list.
Btw, newer releases of Telescope (2.0) are available only in Extras-devel repository which is not recommended to use unless you are ready to kill your tablet

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
excelar8
May be you have it already installed? Try to find it in installed application list.
Btw, newer releases of Telescope (2.0) are available only in Extras-devel repository which is not recommended to use unless you are ready to kill your tablet
i definitely don't have it installed, i even checked the uninstall list in application manager

and aren't applications from extras-devel shown in Application Manager if we have the repository enabled? it's enabled in mine so it should appear right?

and what do you mean by "ready to kill my tablet"?

Right, it should appear there if you have correctly enabled Extras-devel repository.

I meant that Extras-Devel repo contains newest versions of software, and so unstable and buggy. They might have not been tested carefully yet and so can cause various issues. So, it usually advised to not install this repo unless you are ready for problems

Telescope is in both Extras (version 1.0.3) and Extras-Devel (version 2.0~rc5). Proof links:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...e/t/telescope/
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...e/t/telescope/

So, you may check that you have correctly enabled repository. Could you run as root following commands and post here the output:
Code:
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list
Code:
apt-get update

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post: