Notices

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Until joppu finishes his theme, I'm using D-livils D-THEME SimpleBlackGreen.
It's obviously not the same but is sort of similar and at least fully finished. =)
What there is to be done to the fallout theme to be complete?

Edit:

Here be the new background image, looped to 4 screens:

Last edited by joppu; 2010-05-16 at 14:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
What there is to be done to the fallout theme to be complete?
Some things I notice after using your Carbon theme are:
(I have applied the theme and rebooted)

1. Calender month view still showing Carbon theme. maybe just bug in my phone)
2. MSN/Google talk etc account fonts in editing contact is red.
3. Conversations font for names are magenta and blue.
4. Wallpaper is still the red splash one.
5. HAM main screen is a orange/purple color.
6. Media player main screen isn't a consistent flat green style.

I guess some I listed were intentional? Anyways, it feels it's not as complete as your other awesome themes such as Carbon or Array that's all.

I have been wondering, what are the risks of me downloading either of fallout themes, I understand the risks of downloading extras-devel apps, but even in that risks vary, sometimes the risk is not too high to repel me from downloading it; what I want to know is what should I watch out for if I decide download the Fallout theme?
it doesn't seem that dangerous from the posts I read, but then why is it in devel?
thank you.

It's in devel because it's not ready. The shouldn't be any risk.

well I see, I just installed your theme and it's pretty good.
I manually set the wallpapers after downloading them from your post; I beIieve what is left in my oppinion is having some of the vault mascot guy (boy?), I think I heard that changing icons is either too difficult or impossible. so just having the mascot is good.
there is an iPhone/iPod fallout theme with moving scanlines, what does the iPhone have the N900 doesn't? html support?
anyway thanks for your hardwork, and I appreciate it.
PS. I'm trying to help by suggesting Ideas because I can't develope.

Originally Posted by Delta View Post
I beIieve what is left in my oppinion is having some of the vault mascot guy (boy?)
No.

there is an iPhone/iPod fallout theme with moving scanlines, what does the iPhone have the N900 doesn't? html support?.
It'd require a 3rd party software to do that on thr N900.

anyway thanks for your hardwork, and I appreciate it. PS. I'm trying to help by suggesting Ideas because I can't develope.
Thanks!

I see, so I understand that you do not agree to the idea of including the vault mascot. I just thought it would further enhance the idea of the fallout theme.
anyway this is an image that I made using your (joppu) wallpaper, and Photoshop,
this isn't the best I can do, just a simple demonstration of the idea if you or anybody likes it. since as I see, the closest thing to an Icon alternative..even though I personally wish for that; is simple images sewn with the wallpaper.
I changed the hue/saturation of your wallpaper then added layers of images that I downloaded and colorized using the brightest green color Photoshop CS3 has and colorizing them (since they are originally white) with light set to -31, it might look a tad better or more original if it was set to -20 or so. anyway tell me what you think, is it worth to work on to produce a few?
by the way is it possible to change the font to visitor.tff using this method?
Attached Images

Last edited by Delta; 2010-05-21 at 12:35.

Transparent backround to desktop icons would be nice.

Where is it gone?
All died on 06-07-2010?

edit: okay i got the wrong one.

Pip-Boy 3000 seems pretty nice. Only Icons and Font, and it would be totally Awesome. (+ mentions from above like name colours in messaging etc).

I changed Fonts to visitor, following the Guide. It was pretty easy, and it looks amazing. Maybe I'm gonna build an Iconset. If i find some time, I will do.

Thanks for the good work anyway guys. That was something i was searching for - with the words of Lionel Richie - all (****ing) night long.

cheers

Last edited by schokopudding; 2011-01-07 at 03:02.

If it's a joppu project, you can bet your boots it'll never be released

Tags
fremantle, wip theme