Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
So all these stations are live is that correct?....
How do I go about streaming the video and saving it to the memory card, like qole said, or increasing the buffer size? I'm not seeing that as any option....!
Some are live, some are recorded segments. One can get that from their title, NOS live, or France24 Live, things like that.

media player is a media player (what a catch 22!), I am not sure one can dl anything media that it is playing. However, look at thread #1, videocenter allows one dl or stream. And also RSS, you enter the URL into RSS>Add feed, it also allow one to dl or stream.

bun

@addison re: links to individual episodes: try http://tvrss.net/shows/

Originally Posted by chrisak View Post
@addison re: links to individual episodes: try http://tvrss.net/shows/
Please give more details. An example will be good. The above links give a big menu and no TV?

bun

Edit: 4/19/08

An updated version. Arrangement are in alphabetical orders depends on the language. So RussianToday is in English will then put under English. And Spanish has South American like Argentina,Brazil,Chile etc.
English
Chinese and Asia
Dutch
French
Germany
Italy
Polish
Russian
Spanish
Swedish
NonEnglish

This then followed with the order News, Movies, MTV. Quite a few channels have been added
I have added several 'local' channels. They are SanFrancisco, Oregon, Louisiana, LasVegas, LosAngeles and Toronto. For the Foxlovers, there are Fox8 and Fox11. And also LatestMovieTrailers. And finally NonEnglish have several good channel too, too bad, I have NO idea what languages they are. Another point, some of the channels may take a long time to buffer, could take 2-3 minutes. Just wait, they will show up.

Enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-20 at 01:55.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
So far only the default media player and kmplayer support video streaming. None, none of these works with buttons during a full screen mode. Anybody found out another different media player or any other way to make use of the button so one does not has to go in and out of full screen mode?

And also, any feed back so far? I know, it is great and the best thing happened on earth since fire was invented, , still any one has optimized the playing conditions, to get the best viewing parameters? The one I found out is stay close to the WIFI, when the tablet is a little bit far, its quality deteriote. MMC boot or flash makes no difference, for a change.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-20 at 20:23.

Thanks to OP for this!

To anyone who has some time and has viewed all the channels, would you be interested to make a playlist of the top 10 ENGLISH channels? Whatever is the best general interest channels would be great, and if CNN is in that would be great.

Originally Posted by morrison View Post
Thanks to OP for this!

To anyone who has some time and has viewed all the channels, would you be interested to make a playlist of the top 10 ENGLISH channels? Whatever is the best general interest channels would be great, and if CNN is in that would be great.
That maybe very subjective, depends on one put more value on video quality, streaming quality vs content. The first 34 channels are ALL English. Here is the list, comment are to the viewing quality, which is a combination of resolution, streaming etc. When there is no comment, it is excellent, like what one expect to see from TV! Some of them dead because they are NOT 24/7, try back later.
__________________________________________________ _____

;English
#EXTINF:-1,ABC 12
#EXTINF:-1,ABC Louisiana
#EXTINF:-1,ARTS Cal Poly Pomona TV, USA 320 x 240 246
#EXTINF:-1,BBC HeadlineNews
#EXTINF:-1,BBC looknorth Dead
#EXTINF:-1,BloombergTV2 Dead
#EXTINF:-1,Book TV C-Span2
#EXTINF:-1,CBS 27 Kentucky
#EXTINF:-1,Discovery Chanel stuttering
#EXTINF:-1,E!Online Dead
#EXTINF:-1,Espn 7 Stuttering
#EXTINF:-1,Eurosport ?
#EXTINF:-1,Fox 8 use mplayer Oregon Stuttering
#EXTINF:-1,Fox 11 Los Angeles
#EXTINF:-1,France 24 eng
#EXTINF:-1,GlobeTrekkerTV ?
#EXTINF:-1,ITN news
#EXTINF:-1,MSNBC mobile Stuttering
#EXTINF:-1,NASA
#EXTINF:-1,NASA Educational
#EXTINF:-1,NBC 4 kNBC Las Vegas
#EXTINF:-1,NBC 23 Washington
#EXTINF:-1,Pulse24 Toronto, ONT Canada poor resolution
#EXTINF:-1,RathergoodTV UK Dead
#EXTINF:-1,RussiaToday Dead
#EXTINF:-1,SFGTV2 San Francisco
#EXTINF:-1,Skynews
#EXTINF:-1,Skynews Australia
#EXTINF:-1,TorontoTV, Toronto,ONT, CAN Dead
#EXTINF:-1,GalaxyCartoon Dead
#EXTINF:-1,OldCartoonsTV.com, USA 352 x 240 432
#EXTINF:-1,iFilmTV Showcaster.com
#EXTINF:-1,Wrestler;http://www.kocosports.com/combattv/
#EXTINF:-1,Movie trailers
#EXTINF:-1,Starr
__________________________________________________ _

The Skynews, NOS (Non English) are panoramic, very grand. The video quality is stunning good on some channels,and acceptable on majority of the channel.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-21 at 06:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
My vote goes to Kiss TV: mms://66.225.235.202/va92winlive2314
If I were to demo n800 as a media player, this would be the TV stream that I show. Mainstream pop music in English (w/ occasional Spanish songs), stunning video, phenomenal stereo effect... If I were allowed only one thing for entertainment, this would be it. I am a classical music fan, but I can watch this all day long

Originally Posted by ch8xy View Post
My vote goes to Kiss TV: mms://66.225.235.202/va92winlive2314
If I were to demo n800 as a media player, this would be the TV stream that I show. Mainstream pop music in English (w/ occasional Spanish songs), stunning video, phenomenal stereo effect... If I were allowed only one thing for entertainment, this would be it. I am a classical music fan, but I can watch this all day long
KissTV/Spanish - I agree 110%. I think that is more than stereo. It sounded like those 80s thing, extend spatial effect stereo on those tiny portable cassette player. It worked very well here on these little spaced speakers. Skynews/English and NOS/nonEnglish are two runner up, because of the panorama effect. QOOB/Italy would need a rating - NOT for family. I just tried the liveTV from mobitv.com, the video quality here is an order of magnitude better.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-20 at 20:20.

Thank you for a great tool!!! I travel a lot and can see this being very useful. Please forgive my very newbie questions:
Is there a way to directly enter the channel you would like to watch?
I am using the Media Player that came with my N810.

Thanks