Active Topics

seems like ubiboot download links are not working ?

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by master9997 View Post
seems like ubiboot download links are not working ?
???

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...38&postcount=1
http://www.swagman.org:8008/juice/ubiboot/

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
There are 2 urls to the ubiboot page:
http://www.swagman.org/juice/ubiboot/
http://www.swagman.org:8008/juice/ubiboot/

The swagman server has been heavily DOSed in the past, especially from some eastern IPs which is why our administrator has banned some IP address ranges totally for the normal web traffic.

He kindly has opened port 8008 for all the world at my request. The content on both URLs is identical.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Hey !

i tried to understand how to install uniboot, but i'm too afraid to mess something up.

I have clean harmattan openmode and my goal is to use kernel plus for harmattan.

i dont need any other kernel for harmattan and i dont want to use nitroid. (atleast not for now)..

i dont understand how should i change uniboot.conf so that harmattan is only choice..

when should i use 'depmod' command?

do i need openmode_l2fix for kernel-plus ?

I know this sounds lazy but can someone make me correct conf file and tell me where and which files should i copy ?

i have all necessary files i just don't understand where should i put those. (i know only where to put preinits )

Is here someone who can help me?

The Following User Says Thank You to master9997 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by master9997 View Post
Hey !

i tried to understand how to install uniboot, but i'm too afraid to mess something up.

I have clean harmattan openmode and my goal is to use kernel plus for harmattan.

i dont need any other kernel for harmattan and i dont want to use nitroid. (atleast not for now)..

i dont understand how should i change uniboot.conf so that harmattan is only choice..

when should i use 'depmod' command?

do i need openmode_l2fix for kernel-plus ?

I know this sounds lazy but can someone make me correct conf file and tell me where and which files should i copy ?

i have all necessary files i just don't understand where should i put those. (i know only where to put preinits )

Is here someone who can help me?

Having Harmattan as the only active choice is easy; You just configure one OS entry (default being G_OS2_* for Harmattan)
For all other OS'es set G_OS<x>_NUM=0 where x={1,3,4,5,6}
When you do this, all the first level icon menus are present, but there is no second level menu under them.

If, on the other hand, you'd like to modify the menu so that other choises are not even presented, so that you only see the one and only Harmattan boot icon in the first level menu, then you have to recompile the menus.
It is not as difficult as it sounds, all you nee is a standard linux desktop machine where you can run the compile script.

After you have unpacked the modules for your kernel-plus, before you boot into the kernel, you need to go to the module directory and run command "/sbin/depmod -a 2.6.32.61-plus" for example, provided that 2.6.32.61-plus is the version you are installing of course

openmode_l2fix is a good backup choise to have in your kernel list, because it uses the default set of modules. If you make a mistake and cannot boot kernel-plus for modules misconfiguration or something, then it is good to have one entry there you can boot to.
(but of course if you know what you are doing you can always fix the boot problems in ubiboot repair mode...)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Now the first version of ubiboot N9 environment is ready for release

See the (low quality) video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGxnqUgm3WM

The downloads and documentation can be found from http://www.swagman.org:8008/juice/ubiboot/

WHAT IS UBIBOOT N9

- Configurable boot environment that can be used to launch different OS'ses / kernels for N9
- Integrated repair/maintanance mode

With ubiboot you need not ever flash a kernel again, you can use similar procedures to maintain your kernels an on regular desktops, just copy kernel&mudules to device and edit boot list.

With ubiboot it is easy to change OS'es on the fly, you can boot your device to Harmattan/Nemo/Nitdroid without any extra equipment, and select what kernel you want to use with the OS.

Thanks (in alphabetical order) go to at least the following people;
Hurrian, Jonni, Peterleinchen, Sledges, Stskeeps and propably others

---------- edit ----------

Note about Open Mode

To use Ubiboot, your device needs to be running in Open Mode. What this means, is that some of the Aegis security framework functionality is suppressed even as you cannot ever turn Aegis off completely in a Harmattan device. For this reason it matters greatly how you enter Open Mode.

This following note is relevant not for only ubiboot but also to all the cases where a device is being run in Open Mode, regardless of the kernel and boot mode to do so.

To correctly flash the device for Open Mode, you need to ensure that the Aegis keys and credentials on the device are created with Open Mode keys, not with the default Closed Mode keys.

The Aegis key generation happens the first time a device boots after a clean flash, before user is presented with the UI of the device. Hence, it is important to make sure that the device boots up in Open Mode the first time after flashing. The way to accomplish this is what I call back-to-back flashing.

Back-to-back flashing is performed by first flashing the device like in "normal closed mode flashing", both emmc and rootfs. Then, immediately flashing the device again, now with an Open Mode kernel, without letting the device to boot up between the two flashing rounds.

If you perform this correctly, the device will start up in Open Mode so that aegis keys are created correctly. This will help you avoid all odd problems caused by running device with incorrect credentials (password problems, strange hangups and boots, general slowing and lagging of device...)

---------- edit ----------

Changed the link to point to non-filtered site URL

The administrator of swagman.org has opened an unfiltered port for access.
Hey Brothers I Am A Noob and I recently Purchased Nokia N9 64gb.
I Want Help In Booting Sailfish And Android On My Device....can Anybody Tell me?
@juiceme...brother what do You Mean By CleanCleanCleanClean Flash During Back To back Flashing In Open Mode...do i Need to Flash The Firmware Bin Or Emmc Bin File?
And For Multibooting Android And Sailfish Do i need To Partition Memory Before flashing?

The Following User Says Thank You to FAN"9"user For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FAN"9"user View Post
Hey Brothers I Am A Noob and I recently Purchased Nokia N9 64gb.
I Want Help In Booting Sailfish And Android On My Device....can Anybody Tell me?
@juiceme...brother what do You Mean By CleanCleanCleanClean Flash During Back To back Flashing In Open Mode...do i Need to Flash The Firmware Bin Or Emmc Bin File?
Flashing both FW and EMMC cleans the device pretty thoroughly.
To do back-to-back flashing, you need to do clean flash and then immediately flash the open mode kernel, so that the device does not boot between the flashings.

And For Multibooting Android And Sailfish Do i need To Partition Memory Before flashing?
Android needs no partitioning, it can run from your Harmattan partition. To boot sailfish you need to repartition, but it can be done (and actually should be done) after flashing ubiboot kernel.

Flashing both FW and EMMC cleans the device pretty thoroughly.
To do back-to-back flashing, you need to do clean flash and then immediately flash the open mode kernel, so that the device does not boot between the flashings.

Android needs no partitioning, it can run from your Harmattan partition. To boot sailfish you need to repartition, but it can be done (and actually should be done)) after flashing ubiboot kernel.
Thank You Brother For Your Reply...can You Please Guide MeMe Step By Step...i Have Downloaded All Necessary Files...my N9 is Completely Cleaned Still Do I need To perform Clean Flash before flashing openmode kernel??

Sorry For being So Noob and Asking Such Questions

Thank You Brother For Your Reply...can You Please Guide MeMe Step By Step...i Have Downloaded All Necessary Files...my N9 is Completely Cleaned Still Do I need To perform Clean Flash before flashing openmode kernel??
I am fairly sure this has been discussed before, and might be mentioned on the wiki page too...?
The reason for the back-to-back flashing is to make the device create aegis keys with open mode. That will help with some problems you might have with Harmattan later. It is possible you will have no issues but some people have had those, hence the recommendation for back-to-back flashing.

Sorry For being So Noob and Asking Such Questions
No reason to be, noobness is something that is easily cured

I am fairly sure this has been discussed before, and might be mentioned on the wiki page too...?
The reason for the back-to-back flashing is to make the device create aegis keys with open mode. That will help with some problems you might have with Harmattan later. It is possible you will have no issues but some people have had those, hence the recommendation for back-to-back flashing.

No reason to be, noobness is something that is easily cured
well thankyou brother...
i tried back to back flashing...for open mode...but i cannot keep lock on my N9..also the facebook account keeps asking password whenever i boot up

please help