Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Help needed!!!
I am new to a Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra with SailfishOS. Version 4.1.0.24 (Kvarken)
I am pretty familiar with linux, loved my N900 while it lasted and need to step away from Android.

Could you please point me to useful info to read (please no video, no youtube) about the basics of the system, like mount points, package managers, possible tweaks to the user experience et al.
The last time i used a rpm-based system was some 10 years ago... , i need to do some more reading about that, too.
If you could suggest some useful apps to add to the factory install, please.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by michaaa62; 2021-08-16 at 15:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
I have been asking pretty much the same questions when I started here, you could look at my posting history.
And at my blog, there's also some SailfishOS articles.

RE mountpoints:
Code:
[nemo@XperiaXA2-DualSIM ~]$ mount
/dev/mapper/sailfish-root on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1263496k,nr_inodes=315874,mode=755)
none on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=644,ptmxmode=666)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/debug type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,debug)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /mnt type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
none on /config type configfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/mmcblk0p42 on /firmware type vfat (ro,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0337,dmask=0227,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/mmcblk0p71 on /opt type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/mmcblk0p68 on /odm type ext4 (ro,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/mmcblk0p40 on /bt_firmware type vfat (ro,relatime,uid=1002,gid=3002,fmask=0337,dmask=0227,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /persist type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodelalloc,errors=panic,data=ordered)
/dev/mmcblk0p44 on /dsp type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,nodelalloc,errors=panic,data=ordered)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/mapper/sailfish-home on /home type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user)
tmpfs on /run/user/100000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=270320k,mode=700,uid=100000,gid=100000)
tracefs on /sys/kernel/debug/tracing type tracefs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/firejail/dbus type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
HTH.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post: