Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
For me this looks as if your Xperia is completely unable to see the µSDXC card.
Might even be a machanical problem (pocket lint stuck in the slot ? SD card not perfectly aligned in the slot holder ?)

But at this step, the format on the card doesn't even play a role.
The Xperia doesn't even start to talk to it.
I haven't got SFOX yet (just need to find a quiet day or two to download, install and try it out), but on standard linux distros the thing that I use to start to diagnose this kind of problem is the dmesg command. It outputs kernel messages. Try:

Code:
dmesg | tail
just before and after inserting the card, and see if there is any sign of the kernel reacting. If dmesg -T works on SFOX, use that that: it will give you the exact time of each event, which makes it easier to read.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Seems like my X stopped seeing 5 GHz Wi-fi networks. Where can I check it from cmd?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Seems like my X stopped seeing 5 GHz Wi-fi networks. Where can I check it from cmd?
Same here. You see it first but after trying to connect the 5s are gone.

Do you know if sail can connect to 5GHz?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-15 at 10:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
For me this looks as if your Xperia is completely unable to see the µSDXC card.
Might even be a machanical problem (pocket lint stuck in the slot ? SD card not perfectly aligned in the slot holder ?)

There's a thread on TJC about that, where other users have the same problem: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-not-detected/

@almaviva Have you tried to reinsert the sdcard in the slot? The insert mechanism of the Xperia X does not look very trustworthy to me, so maybe it really is a contact issue and the card does not make proper contact to the reader?
Also sorry, since you did probably already answered this questions: Have you tried another sdcard to rule out hardware issues with the card reader in the phone?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
I definitely can rule out a mechanical problem:
1. An old 1GB microsd is recognized perfectly by Sailfish
2. Before flashing Sailfish on my Xperia X, I used Android (without Google) for several weeks - and my 128gb microsd card worked perfectly on Android.
3. Yesterday I flashed Sailfish to a second Xperia X for a family member. Both phones are identical Xperia X, bought brand new and sealed from Amazon Italy. Of course I tested my 128GB microsd: It worked perfectly on Android before flashing, and it wasn't recognized by Sailfish after flashing.

So this seems to be a weird software problem, and this conclusion is probably true:
I tested the suggestion of pacman - I entered "dmesg | tail" before and after inserting the card with following result:
Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ dmesg | tail
[  265.430632] PM: noirq resume of devices complete after 1.110 msecs
[  265.433830] PM: early resume of devices complete after 1.410 msecs
[  265.442184] as3668 6-0042: Resuming AS3668
[  265.477820] PM: resume of devices complete after 43.972 msecs
[  265.479863] Restarting tasks ... done.
[  265.499059] Resume caused by IRQ 240, 1000000.pinctrl
[  265.499071] Resume caused by IRQ 203, 601d0.qcom,mpm
[  265.499080] Resume caused by IRQ 200, qcom,smd-rpm
[  265.499088] Resume caused by IRQ 711, bcmsdh_sdmmc
[  265.499299] PM: suspend exit 2017-10-15 09:21:47.526513235 UTC
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ dmesg | tail
[  275.255907] PM: noirq resume of devices complete after 1.117 msecs
[  275.259264] PM: early resume of devices complete after 1.501 msecs
[  275.266701] as3668 6-0042: Resuming AS3668
[  275.304143] PM: resume of devices complete after 44.861 msecs
[  275.305928] Restarting tasks ... done.
[  275.336900] Resume caused by IRQ 240, 1000000.pinctrl
[  275.336912] Resume caused by IRQ 203, 601d0.qcom,mpm
[  275.336920] Resume caused by IRQ 200, qcom,smd-rpm
[  275.336929] Resume caused by IRQ 711, bcmsdh_sdmmc
[  275.337557] PM: suspend exit 2017-10-15 09:22:02.056013703 UTC
Somehow I hope this problem will solve itself with the first update....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almaviva For This Useful Post:
xperia x compact build any day now, right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salamisami For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by almaviva View Post
I definitely can rule out a mechanical problem
I've got two Toshiba Exceria 128G cards, both work fine in other devices, neither is detected in the X. (One is ExFAT, the other has GPT partition table and ext4 partition)

In the JollaC the ext4 card shows as unmounted ext4 card, but wont mount. I haven't yet investigated why that it.

edit : forgot to say my Sandisk 32G ext4 card works just fine in both devices

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by almaviva View Post
I definitely can rule out a mechanical problem:
1. An old 1GB microsd is recognized perfectly by Sailfish
2. Before flashing Sailfish on my Xperia X, I used Android (without Google) for several weeks - and my 128gb microsd card worked perfectly on Android.
3. Yesterday I flashed Sailfish to a second Xperia X for a family member. Both phones are identical Xperia X, bought brand new and sealed from Amazon Italy. Of course I tested my 128GB microsd: It worked perfectly on Android before flashing, and it wasn't recognized by Sailfish after flashing.
Thanks for the update, this indead sound really strange. I take it you did not remove the sdcard between Android and the flashing of SFOS (just to really rule out any connectivity issues)?

Regarding the output of dmesg (and other logfiles): Unfortunately, SFOS does produce quite a lot of output, especially when developer mode is enabled and you are connected via SSH. I suspect the interesting parts of the output, what happened during the mounting attempt (if any), are not shown via the tai commandl (which by default only outputs the last 10 lines).
Would it be possible that you post the whole output of dmesg during the mounting attempt? issue the
Code:
dmesg | tail
command immediately before inserting the sdcard. From the output, note the number at the beginning of the last line in square brackets (that it the current uptime in seconds as time stamp). Then, attempt to mount the sdcard and afterwards issue
Code:
dmesg
(without tail). Copy all the output starting from the time stamp of the previous command. This way, we can see what happened in between the two points in time.
Since this is probably a lot of output, may I ask that you copy them into a text file and use it as attachment here? The output should not contain any sensitive data (like phone numbers, names etc.) but please feel free to remove anything that looks like that before posting here. Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
The output should not contain any sensitive data (like phone numbers, names etc.) but please feel free to remove anything that looks like that before posting here. Thanks.
I'm not really comfortable with this since the whole idea of moving to Sailfish is to keep the own privacy... but in this case I will do it anyway to help to find a solution. Since I am not familiar with linux I am not sure which information might be sensitive in this huge amount of output. I deleted some lines - please tell me immediately if I overlooked something.

So I entered "dmesg | tail", inserted the 128GB card and entered "dmesg". Attached you will find the result.

I very much appreciate the help of the community. But because I'm drowning in work this will be my last post for the next days - but I am eagerly watching the search for a solution... Thank you all!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Putty - Test inserting Microsd - Modified.zip (89.6 KB, 31 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almaviva For This Useful Post:
Today i put SIM to my Xperia and i am a bit astonished. With my Nexus 5 LineageOS I could not make Linphone audio working but with SailfishX it worked flawlessly! So did Skype and Whatsapp! So as far as I am concerned I am super happy with what I just got with SailfishX. It is better for daily driver than my Nexus with Lineage.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x