Active Topics

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Without the tweak my F5122 did not recognise any sim cards in any of the slots
Without the tweak, mine only recognized one SIM card and now after the update it only shows one SIM at the top. Before the update it showed an empty signal bar for the second potential SIM card.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
Without the tweak, mine only recognized one SIM card and now after the update it only shows one SIM at the top. Before the update it showed an empty signal bar for the second potential SIM card.
After update I had to modify again

/default.prop
by adding
Code:
    persist.multisim.config=dsds
    persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
    ro.telephony.default_network=9,1
As far as I remember,
/etc/ofono/ril_subscription.conf

had kept the modifications in update,

For me, F5122 recognized the 1st SIM without any modification.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
You definitely want OSM Scout Server + modRana or Poor Maps. That gives you offline map rendering, routing and POI search with global coverage.

Quite a bit of work went into all this.

Corresponding threads:
OSM Scout Server
modRana
Poor Maps
I got an OSM Scout Server, modRana installed. Linked offline maps to an SD card (ext4 formatted) location with few downloaded maps. Set modRana to use OSM Scout Server as map source. Just not getting anything on the modRana screen (white background with marker in the center). In modRana, under options->Map it shows the following path:
/home/nemo/.local/share/harbor-modrana/maps. Should that be changed to point to the actual sd card location e.g. /media/sdcard/<Card_ID>/Maps.OSM? If so, can someone tell me how (softlink etc)?
Thanks very much...

The Following User Says Thank You to nupdyxa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by nupdyxa View Post
I got an OSM Scout Server, modRana installed. Linked offline maps to an SD card (ext4 formatted) location with few downloaded maps. Set modRana to use OSM Scout Server as map source. Just not getting anything on the modRana screen (white background with marker in the center). In modRana, under options->Map it shows the following path:
/home/nemo/.local/share/harbor-modrana/maps. Should that be changed to point to the actual sd card location e.g. /media/sdcard/<Card_ID>/Maps.OSM? If so, can someone tell me how (softlink etc)?
Thanks very much...
The path shown in modRana should correspond to the cache of modRana. So, that can stay as it is.

Sounds like you don't get connection between modRana and OSM Scout Server. If you haven't enabled automatic start of OSM Scout Server, you would have to run OSM Scout Server in the background. For debugging purposes, start OSM Scout Server, minimize it, and open modRana again. Wait a bit and, if you don't get any maps, then go back
to OSM Scout Server and check the logs. If the connection works, it should display few access requests on the main screen.

Note that there is a user manual that may help you to set it up with modRana or Poor Maps: https://rinigus.github.io/osmscout-server/en/

Note 2: at this moment, if I remember correctly, released modRana does not support default router in OSM Scout Server. The corresponding patch has been merged to modRana code, but its not released yet (I hope I followed the releases).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
My Xperia X experienced its first unexpected reboot since October 11. I had quite a number of native apps running (including music and camera), GPS collecting data, wifi off, but I don't think I was actually stressing the phone.

And yes, there was a wobbly gobbly 4G coverage. I think it's the cause of the unexpected reboot (that is: blame Sony drivers, not SailfishX), because it happened at least 4-5 times in its few Android weeks, even when without open apps, always when there was a bad/wiggling 4G signal. I guess it's a random and rare thing because I often wander around some bad cell coverage areas.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alfmar For This Useful Post:
Sounds like you don't get connection between modRana and OSM Scout Server. If you haven't enabled automatic start of OSM Scout Server, you would have to run OSM Scout Server in the background. For debugging purposes, start OSM Scout Server, minimize it, and open modRana again. Wait a bit and, if you don't get any maps, then go back
to OSM Scout Server and check the logs. If the connection works, it should display few access requests on the main screen.

Note that there is a user manual that may help you to set it up with modRana or Poor Maps: https://rinigus.github.io/osmscout-server/en/

Note 2: at this moment, if I remember correctly, released modRana does not support default router in OSM Scout Server. The corresponding patch has been merged to modRana code, but its not released yet (I hope I followed the releases).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for helping. Turns out that the <Card_ID> folder under the sdcard is owned by root, same group too. I had to change that to the nemo user/group. After that I could create a directory on the sdcard, using FileCase (must've created it from the shell before). Though, now seems that OSM Scout server is not able to retrieve a list of countries for map downloading. It comes up with a "Timeout" error. Though, it works just fine, when the map folder is under /home/nemo/Maps.OSM. I am lost

The Following User Says Thank You to nupdyxa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nupdyxa View Post
Thanks for helping. Turns out that the <Card_ID> folder under the sdcard is owned by root, same group too. I had to change that to the nemo user/group. After that I could create a directory on the sdcard, using FileCase (must've created it from the shell before). Though, now seems that OSM Scout server is not able to retrieve a list of countries for map downloading. It comes up with a "Timeout" error. Though, it works just fine, when the map folder is under /home/nemo/Maps.OSM. I am lost
The server data.modrana.org is down for the last 2.5 hours. In general, according to uptimerobot, its up 99% of the time. This time, since its a research institution behind data.modrana.org, I wouldn't expect it to be back before Monday, unfortunately.

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
The server data.modrana.org is down for the last 2.5 hours. In general, according to uptimerobot, its up 99% of the time. This time, since its a research institution behind data.modrana.org, I wouldn't expect it to be back before Monday, unfortunately.
That's unfortunately quite likely - but I'll send them an email just in case.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
@nupdyxa, data.modrana.org is back online. @MartinK, thanks for the help!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Dunno if this is just me but the Wifi signal seems weaker than my nexus 5 in the same spots.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x