Notices

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
I have to switch the phone choice to "ring" so I can direct dial. Otherwise it defaults to sipgate, which doesn't work since that account is never online. The person I am calling gets connected to my voicemail instead (I am assuming it calls sipgate, which goes to voicemail, which makes google voice think the call was connected. I wish I could somehow just default to ring.
Will fix. Soon.

Portrait mode would also be awesome (you could just make it an option, and just rotate the display, don't change any of the formating of the display).
Already present.... Its a bit flaky, but it works. I'll be making it better soon.

I went through the vicar code also, but my lack of experience with python made it too difficult. It did get me to start learning python though (I have started a small sports score update script using google voice).
The relevant code in vicar is the vicar-telepathy subdirectory.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Will fix. Soon.

Already present.... Its a bit flaky, but it works. I'll be making it better soon.

The relevant code in vicar is the vicar-telepathy subdirectory.
I take it the portrait mode hasn't been released yet?

I take it the portrait mode hasn't been released yet?
It has been released about 2-3 iterations ago. The auto-rotation is a bit quirky, but it works usually.

It has been released about 2-3 iterations ago. The auto-rotation is a bit quirky, but it works usually.
Do I have to have anything else installed, because it is definitely not rotating for me.

New build.
-> Windows build now uses VS 2010 and QT 4.7 with qtmobility 1.1
-> Inbox view changed. Should now be much faster to load and less quirky to display.

@xur17: Did you install from the google code page? That page did not have the latest build. Now it does.

New build.
-> Windows build now uses VS 2010 and QT 4.7 with qtmobility 1.1
-> Inbox view changed. Should now be much faster to load and less quirky to display.

@xur17: Did you install from the google code page? That page did not have the latest build. Now it does.
Yeah. That's where I installed it from. I'm downloading the newest version right now.

How often do you have the application login to your account (when you open it, and it updates). It seems to do it about once a day for me. Is this normal? Is there some way to increase this time?

Yeah. That's where I installed it from. I'm downloading the newest version right now.

How often do you have the application login to your account (when you open it, and it updates). It seems to do it about once a day for me. Is this normal? Is there some way to increase this time?
qgvdial is available in extras-devel - quite often the extras-devel one gets updates before the google code one.

Login to google voice happens _only_ when you start the application. It stays logged in until you explicitly logoff or terminate the application by selecting "Exit" from the main menu.
Also: up until probably last month, I used to update the contacts and inbox whenever you clicked on those buttons. This functionality has been removed for the maemo5 version.
If you need updates, you need to click "Refresh" on the Contacts or Inbox page.

Note that the removal of update-on-open is only for maemo5. All other builds still have update-on-open.

@xur17: There is no auto-update. There is no re-login. There _is_ auto-login when you first start the application. If you close the application using the cross (not the Exit menu) qgvdial will only close the main window, it will not truly exit. When it does this, qgvdial does not discard the Google authentication tokens.
When you start qgvdial again, because of the single-application logic, the old backgrounded instance is woken up. It still has the Google tokens and so does not need to auto-login - it already is logged in.

I have been moving to a model in which there are NO updates unless the user forces an update. I cannot afford to have hidden data traffic, because for most users, data is costly - is terms of money as well as battery.

Last edited by uvatbc; 2010-10-04 at 18:01.

New build:
-> Better auto-rotation
-> Dial dialog now starts earlier and closes at the right time, whether you use dial back or dialout. This way calls can be canceled.

It's up on google code as well as extras-devel

Thank you a million! this program does everything I need and works so much more effortlessly than tor.

The Following User Says Thank You to senorsmile For This Useful Post:
Hello,

Does this work for Nokia N8 / Symbian 4?

Thank you Stefan