Great to see another award for Nokia N9. But shame on nokia to discontinue this phone.

http://redd.it/stx94

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to achilles333 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ saint lucia
Yes, it is an incredible device, but Elop never gave it a chance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coopere For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
The world's full with droids, apples and Symbians.

The N9 is unique. A few good men own it. I am proud to belong in that small club.

the fewer the better.

Un-F***ing-Follow

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
nice one,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
the fewer the better.
Meh...I want more apps At least a tapatalk client.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's easier to stand out now - all of them share the same DNA of one OS or UI/UX decision or another.

Harmattan was fresh. Harmattan actually was a good idea, put into motion, brought forward things that I had never known I would miss once I left it - I still double tap the screens of my Android tablet and my WP7 phone. I might start to swipe away from an app, nothing happens and it hits me... that was a great implementation.

It wasn't perfect, but damn it was fresh.

Glad to see the small group of guys there get some recognition for their work, their innovations and their determination to make something different...

Just wished it were fully open source or fully funded for future upgrades and gathered the 3rd party support that would take it further than just the N9.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Harmattan was fresh. Harmattan actually was a good idea, put into motion, brought forward things that I had never known I would miss once I left it - I still double tap the screens of my Android tablet and my WP7 phone. I might start to swipe away from an app, nothing happens and it hits me... that was a great implementation.
I've found myself doing the same thing on other tablets etc.

It reminds me slightly of trying to use Opera mouse gestures in other browsers. It really highlights the less connected UI in the competing software. With Opera's mouse gestures, browsing and navigation become a natural extension of the user, and I think the swipe UI in the N9 achieves something similar.

The Following User Says Thank You to caa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That's true, I also do doubletap, swipe on android tablets & realize a second later, damn this not N9. I never carried UI interactions of one phone to another phone model, but N9 UI interactions are so natural that I simply can't obstruct myself.

It wasn't perfect, but damn it was fresh.
Yes it's not perfect. But the harmattan is a very well engineered software in early revisions only(PR1.2). Android early revisions are very buggy & even now multi tasking isn't is virtue

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to achilles333 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
next week the marketing department at mikronokia translate this award to lumia... As they did when talking bout "new design" mad:

How cute, they got next award just before going bankrupt. Do I'm only one, thinking that Nokia is going to get at least 1 award post-morten - a Darwin award?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!