Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
"What's on my mind?!!!" - Windows = F***ing Rainman of Operating Systems!
Took pictures of day out with kids. Plugged my phone into laptop (with windoze installed). - windoze recognised phone as "g:" but would not show files - f***ing reta**ed!
Tried it again same dumb-*** result. Switched phone off then on. Restarted (or reta**ed) Windows. F*** sake - phone is bog-standard mass-storage device. Mac OS sees it, Linux sees it but Windows in it's spastic attempt to be a modern OS (e.g. a 102 year old granny tarting herself up to look like Kylie Minogue) decides to assign it a drive letter, randomly changes it to F: or G: (a throwback to MS-DOS circa.1982 and drive letter assignment governed by moon and tidal movement predictions). After 10 minutes of re-plugging USB cables and watching stupid notifications "Windows is searching for a driver" (the only driver it needs is a 9-iron to the back of the head). Eventually it works - whoppi-f***ing-doo!. It takes just a few seconds fo my Linux laptop to do this but Windows just sits there, slaps itself in the face and drools like a grinning ret**d. I Open Internet Explorer navigate to Facebook and then Windows announces "Explorer has encountered a problem and will shut down because the site you were visiting may contain harmful content". I'll show you harmful content - try dealing with battery acid b*tch! After 1/2 an hour I upload my photos to Facebook. Using Windows is like running down a flight of stairs while holding a pair of scissors - it's a matter of time before you gouge your eyes out or dropping your trousers rubbing ky-jelly on your sphincter and bending over a table in a gay bar - at some point you are going to get f***ed!

Last edited by johnel; 2010-07-13 at 21:24.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

You did not disappoint. Bravo. Impressive rant indeed.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I gave up on Windows 2008 after been dualbooting since 2005-2006. I just realised that i didn't boot windows anymore and could use that hd space to something better. Nowadays i am running Ubuntu 10.10 alpha 2 and love it everyday.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Is there any place on t.m.o. thats the counterpart of "best of craigslist"? this one deserves to go there.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Yet it's running 90% of the world's computers.

I've used Linux and Mac. They have their share of kinks. I always come back to Windows. You just need to learn how to deal with it. Just like an iPhone 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Corso85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
*almost* epic.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Too many asterisks in my opinion.

For the record I use both Windows and Linux. I agree that windows compared to linux is shi-asterisk-t..but I never ever had problems with it recognizing my phones or pendrives.

Last edited by pantera1989; 2010-07-13 at 21:16.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
There was probably something going on with your phone. Either its not a "bog-standard" mass storage device or you had a loose USB connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmurfin87 For This Useful Post:
Never had this problem with windows.

The Following User Says Thank You to xuggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by Corso85 View Post
Yet it's running 90% of the world's computers.

I've used Linux and Mac. They have their share of kinks. I always come back to Windows. You just need to learn how to deal with it. Just like an iPhone 4
I'm an atheist and don't believe in any religion but for the first time in my life I prayed to god and said "please, please tell me this guy is being sarcastic"