Active Topics

Notices

Can anyone tell how to do a right mouse click when you use VNC control a desktop PC?

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
also any way of downloading from host to viewer using vnc n900?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hackney, London
I haven't tried it yet but what about 'shift' plus click?

Originally Posted by ant View Post
I haven't tried it yet but what about 'shift' plus click?
That didn't work for me.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Is there no documentation for the app? Why do all Maemo apps have zero instructions?? It really makes it hard sometimes, especially when the developers never even tell you the purpose of the app, and the included details tell you the bare minimum.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
That would mean developers would have to develop their application and write an instruction manual (which requires even more time). But I do think there should be a group similar to MaemoGreeters but they focus on writing manuals for applications and posting them on the Wiki.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
That would mean developers would have to develop their application and write an instruction manual (which requires even more time). But I do think there should be a group similar to MaemoGreeters but they focus on writing manuals for applications and posting them on the Wiki.
I've done technical writing, but not for free. Maybe I could dedicate some of my time in that regard in the future...

to right click, select what you want to right click then hold shift and f10,

shift F10 would be very complicated on a N900....
but not impossible.
so i tried, but it does not work

I am really starting to think that the developpers forgot to implement the right mouse button..

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
On the n810 you could hold volume down and tap for middle click or hold volume up and tap for right click. It was incredibly handy, which makes me mad that I learned about it only a week or two before my n900 showed up...
As far as I know there's not a good way to right click at this point because the volume keys are intercepted for volume control. That may be changed at some point; it's early yet.
As for documentation, vnc itself is pretty well documented. Keep in mind that many of the applications we have for Maemo 5 are really VERY young and many are just quick ports from source or diablo apps. Some things aren't terribly polished, but they probably will be before long. I'm not surprised that documentation is lagging behind in places; most of the people who wrote/ported the applications have only had their devices for a couple weeks or so now.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jiiv For This Useful Post: