Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
For GTalk, I use IM+ Pro. Not exactly the best IM app, but it consolidates my AIM, Yahoo and GTalk under one banner. It does run in the background; however it eats up the battery something fierce.

And the Pro version isn't free. The free version isn't exactly what I'd call a good app.

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
thanks for sharing thoughts on new phone...
just wondering, what exactly do you think should be "around the corner"? is there any chance Nokia will hit us with some massive upgrade later this year? like WP8, multicores, etc...

I do believe that WP8 is around the corner (officially, I think Apollo, aka WP8, is set for October of this year anyway), also WP8 + Pureview models might be talked about later in this year.

It's all speculation on my part though.

How are you liking L900. I assume you are using it as your main device

Texting and driving it can wait what about texting and walking just saw two girls fall on river walk of San Antonio on my week-end escape, they both were texting and didnt see the river curve and next thing you know they are in water.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Texting and driving it can wait what about texting and walking just saw two girls fall on river walk of San Antonio on my week-end escape, they both were texting and didnt see the river curve and next thing you know they are in water.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I seriously don't even touch the phone that much, honestly. I just hit the bluetooth earpiece, text somebody something, be done with it. Same with having my text messages read to me - just as long as the messages are not German. Then it's like listening to Stephen Hawking speak Klingon.

Okay, that's funny...

So far, liking the Lumia 900. Can't say it's a full-on replacement for my N9, but voice commands are great.

I think I found why the public (in general) don't like and hence adopt Windows Phone. Microsoft said it was an OS built so that you can do what you NEED to at fast rate and get on with your life, as per the advertisements.

However, iOS and Android take different approach. They captivate the user in its experience, so much that the user doesn't want to put the phone down.

It's like difference between a banana (WP) and chocolate bar (iosdroid), you know banana is generally better (quick) for you but people are going to be addicted to only buying chocolate for lunch.

I'm flattered

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
How do you feel about the news that Nokia Lumia 900 will not be eligible for an upgrade to Windows Phone 8 (Apollo)?
http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/17/29...llo-no-upgrade
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
How do you feel about the news that Nokia Lumia 900 will not be eligible for an upgrade to Windows Phone 8 (Apollo)?
http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/17/29...llo-no-upgrade
Not surprised. Not at all honestly. My Xoom going from Honeycomb to Ice Cream Sandwich was one thing. The Apollo upgrade not going on my Lumia 900, I sorta figured that was going to be the case.

If they reverse it, so be it. Sounds cavalier, but man... after the N9, N900... sorta used to no updates.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Not surprised. Not at all honestly. My Xoom going from Honeycomb to Ice Cream Sandwich was one thing. The Apollo upgrade not going on my Lumia 900, I sorta figured that was going to be the case.

If they reverse it, so be it. Sounds cavalier, but man... after the N9, N900... sorta used to no updates.
Good point.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
promises, windows phone