Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The Phone will be returnen To sender?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Cepi should have warned justadude about the issue and justadude should have declared the package a gift or a lower value.
It is not that simple. Even if somebody declares a Nokia N9 as a US$50 gift, the Argentinean or Brazilian customs will problably research and put the market value of the product.

I think the best possible way to contribute to Ceci is donating by PayPal, etc. So he can use the money to buy a N9 in Argentina. See this topic, "Help needed for CepiPerez.... [Sad story]".
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Argentina
Movistar sell a branded new one in argentina for ~100 usd

http://www.tiendamovistar.com.ar/pro...889.1382562034

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdelca5 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
What I want to try to say is that this is just a very sad story.... for all of us.... Yes, that also include you, for trying to be VERY kind and even giving your NEW N9 to Cepi, and loose it

Did you try to call your or their post office? because I'm pretty sure that you could ask the package back if they didn't pay to the customs.
That's why I bought insurance for it, so I'm going to complain to USPS. If through some miracle I get it back there needs to be a loophole to get this device into his hands. I read on a customs law page that even if I was to claim it cost 10 dollars they would be the wiser, call the bluff, and figure out fair market value. Anyone have ideas?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
That's why I bought insurance for it, so I'm going to complain to USPS. If through some miracle I get it back there needs to be a loophole to get this device into his hands. I read on a customs law page that even if I was to claim it cost 10 dollars they would be the wiser, call the bluff, and figure out fair market value. Anyone have ideas?
Fly to argentina and hand deliver it

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Knowhere
Sorry for spamming the thread, but after reading the whole thread, I'm curious, what happened to the phone? Did cepiperez receive it? or was it returned to justadude? or as the dave said, is border patrol using it?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pistachio For This Useful Post:
yeah wonder what happen

The Following User Says Thank You to tomislav For This Useful Post: