Notices

Hello there,

Loving my N900 so far, it's an amazing device, theres something i'd love to be able to do to make it even better though.

I often use the FM transmitter to listen to music whilst in the car, however when I get a phone call it'll play my ringtone through the car speakers but not the voice once the call is connected.

This is a shame because it would be the perfect car handsfree set up. Is there a setting to make this work? I haven't found one which leads me to my next question, is there an application which could do this or would it be possible for one to be made?

Thanks,
Loz.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
My n900 has disabled fm transimtter. My device is greek.

Have you considered privacy issue? Someone standing next to you in a traffic jam could hear your caller.

The FM transmitter on the N900 is no where near strong enough for it to be picked up a car away, if the device is in the back of the car my radio won't pick anything up, besides anyway i have no problems with a potential privacy leak. I'd love to have this feature.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
I'm not sure whether there's an exception for low-powered transmitters, but if I remember correctly the FCC prohibits using a regulated service over another regulated service (or something along those lines-been a while since I took my amateur radio tests) in the US. There shouldn't be a technical limitation, but it may be disabled in the firmware for legal reasons.

It would probably be easier to just get a head unit that has bluetooth capabilities.

probably would be but it wouldn't be as universally usable, i'm from the uk so us law means nothing to me. i really wish tthis functioality was provided

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
hey guys, did you guy find the FM transmitter is not working too well in charging mode? It interfered with the signal.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
its funny cause i remember fm transmitters being almost illegal in the uk years ago- obvioulsy they have come to there senses..mine seems to work ok-- but i am annoyed that i have to go into settings- is there an widget available with preset various frequencies

i cant believe greek boy has it completly disabled thats way ott..

the function for the phone as well that would be nice.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I have the proper Nokia charger and the FM transmitter is unuseable when charging.