Notices

it's not working for me...i have add full no like +6013XXXXXXX but it's not blocking....

CasTTeLLo

Originally Posted by stew-b View Post
thanks found it and tested it,works perfectly as you intended it too,well done!
BUT
what i really need is for the sms to never appear in the conversations,basically if someone is trying to text me then i dont want to know they have even tried,ever....if you can achieve this you will be my hero ))))))
great work so far man..

edit,also dont need the status bar thing
guys m also lukin for this very stuff.... n I also want that the person's sms shouldnt be delivered on my number at all, so that he/she only gets that the messege sent to me failed to deliver.... "DELIVERY FAILED".... I dont want any msgs to be delivered to my numbr at all.... m in india : confused: plzzz help me guys.... I really want this...

I did tried one of my other numbers.... so wat happened is :

my phone did vibrated for a second... and the message landed right into my conversations, jst like other msgs do, except for vibrating a bit, not blinkin the light n no ring... the second time I tried, so it didnt even vibrated that bit... but still the msg showed in... guys plzz help me.. as I want that the msg shouldnt be delivered to me at all.. the sender should get delivery failed... plzzz help me with that.. I dont even want to know that the person ever did sent me a sms msg... plzzz help me out... I beg u guys....

Last edited by CooL_HunK; 2011-01-03 at 10:24.

I don't think there's any application that can get the sender 'failed' feedback status. Any apps will only be able to process when the sms got delivered ... from telco's network point of view

y cant some1 do it like pycallblocker does... it doesnt lets the call to come to our recent call list... that means it is blocking the call right from the network before it reaches the phone application, n henceforth we do not get to know that when did the person called and hw many times... so in the same way the messege can be blocked, so that it doesnt even enter the conversations and after 24hrs when the message is not delivered to our conversations then the sender will get a delivery failed for it... m jst saying it.. may be its not possible but still I would like to press on this subject... plzzz somebd develop some logic to do this... m waiting desperately

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by CooL_HunK View Post
y cant some1 do it like pycallblocker does... it doesnt lets the call to come to our recent call list... that means it is blocking the call right from the network before it reaches the phone application, n henceforth we do not get to know that when did the person called and hw many times... so in the same way the messege can be blocked, so that it doesnt even enter the conversations and after 24hrs when the message is not delivered to our conversations then the sender will get a delivery failed for it... m jst saying it.. may be its not possible but still I would like to press on this subject... plzzz somebd develop some logic to do this... m waiting desperately
I think you are mis-understanding how this works. Pycallblocker doesn't block the call at the network level. It just stops the notification, and prevents it from being added to the database. I think if you call your N900 from a blocked number it rings and goes to voice mail. The N900 still "rings" you just aren't aware of it.

As far a blocking sms, you could prevent it from being added to the database (conversations), but the network would still see it as having been received.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
hi nicolai, thanks for the great apps, however I somehow cannot make it working on my n900
for the record, I'm using PR 1.3, and I've tried using full number (eg. 0123456789), with plus country code (+65123456789) or even letters for spam messages from operators, but none of them are working
any clues?

and it would be great if you could remove the icon from the taskbar since I don't see any use of it being there
what would be better is, whenever there's a message being blocked, the icon will popped up in the taskbar, and you could see which messages are being blocked by tapping the icon. well that's just an idea

excellent app Nicolai very nice and useful. keep waiting for ur updates
thks a lot.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
So, I tried to find the reason why some sms textmessages starts
the notification before my messageblocker blocks them.
Sadly, the interesting parts are closed (rtcom-notification-ui and
rtcom-messaging-ui).
I tried different ways of loading my messageblocker (it acts as an
so called Telepathy.Client.Approver), unload and load the
notification-ui (which is an Approver as well. But the notification-ui
is always faster and calls the rtcom-messaging-ui before my
messageblocker plugin is called.

Every test costs me 0.20 cent for sending a text messages, so if
some other develeopers with unlimited text messaging
wants to step in, the source is at
http://maemo.org/packages/view/messageblocker

And vote for
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11780
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11781

nicolai

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Nicolai, this is about sometimes the led flashes and the phone vibrates or about being log in event logger?
About the second one you could just send the deleteevent passing the id of the new incoming message, so the event will be logged and deleted right way...