Notices

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
now we need a tray icon like pidgin has. so it will stay online in the background when u tap on the X.
Sorry but what prevents you from tapping on the task switcher icon instead?

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Works like a charm! Thank you!

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The latest build of XChat is now available in Extras-Testing. Please, vote for it here:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...2.8.6-maemo14/

It will never go into proper Extras unless you vote.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Hi,

I need some help.
I am unable to see the users list in the Xchat.
You mentioned that you have moved it to the left and collapsed it.

Can someone please let me know how to get it back?

Thanks -

EDIT: Got it now ! Just had to drag it out

Last edited by Sameer; 2010-01-06 at 07:10.

Originally Posted by fms View Post
The latest build of XChat is now available in Extras-Testing. Please, vote for it here:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...2.8.6-maemo14/

It will never go into proper Extras unless you vote.
fms,
how can i clean install this. I messed up my settings and want the default back?
EDIT: when I uninstall and re-install my setting remain?

Last edited by robbiem; 2010-01-06 at 15:23.

Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
how can i clean install this. I messed up my settings and want the default back?
rm -rf /home/user/.xchat2

EDIT: when I uninstall and re-install my setting remain?
Because that is how it has been designed. You do not want your personal settings trashed when you install a new version. Well, normally you do not.

Is there something special I need to do to get notifications, or are they not working? I set the alerts in my preferences, but I get no notification of highlighted messages other than the channel tab changing color. Ideally I would like an audible 'beep' and / or vibrate, as well as the blue notification light to blink when highlighted messages are sent (similar to an email notification).

Originally Posted by MasterPo View Post
Is there something special I need to do to get notifications, or are they not working? I set the alerts in my preferences, but I get no notification of highlighted messages other than the channel tab changing color. Ideally I would like an audible 'beep' and / or vibrate, as well as the blue notification light to blink when highlighted messages are sent (similar to an email notification).
What you are describing sounds like the unified IM behaviour (i.e. Telepathy). XChat has nothing to do with this. I do not think any of these features were ever implemented in XChat.

Originally Posted by fms View Post
What you are describing sounds like the unified IM behaviour (i.e. Telepathy). XChat has nothing to do with this. I do not think any of these features were ever implemented in XChat.
I see. I'm obviously new to irc. I recently began a job where I need to be connected throughout the day. If someone tries to reach me, the 'alerts' in xchat will send out a beep and a tray notification on my desktop. I was hoping to run xchat in the background on my n900 (when I am away from my desktop) and be able to know when someone is trying to reach me without having to always be visually checking the screen. If the phone could beep / vibrate when a highlighted message is received, that would be great.

The Following User Says Thank You to MasterPo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MasterPo View Post
I see. I'm obviously new to irc. I recently began a job where I need to be connected throughout the day. If someone tries to reach me, the 'alerts' in xchat will send out a beep and a tray notification on my desktop. I was hoping to run xchat in the background on my n900 (when I am away from my desktop) and be able to know when someone is trying to reach me without having to always be visually checking the screen. If the phone could beep / vibrate when a highlighted message is received, that would be great.
You may want to install the telepathy-idle plugin. It will do exactly what you are describing, for private IRC messages. Of course, it will not have the full IRC functionality like XChat, but should work just fine for private message exchanges (similar to IM).