Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Yes and you have to pay Microsoft for a windows **** license to flash a Linux phone. Thats the mos fun of all.

And yes I don't care if there is an unofficial flasher that "may" be used in Linux since not even Jolla is sure it will/is possible.

Thats an epic fail. To them who don't understand it I DONT HAVE WINDOWS AND I DONT WILL NOT BUY A WINDOWS LICENCE?

did you people get my point now or should I repeat one more time!?
You don't have to buy a windows license... If you insist on doing it the official way you can simply download this official windows vm completely legally without having to pay anything.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Yes and you have to pay Microsoft for a windows **** license to flash a Linux phone. Thats the mos fun of all.

And yes I don't care if there is an unofficial flasher that "may" be used in Linux since not even Jolla is sure it will/is possible.

Thats an epic fail. To them who don't understand it I DONT HAVE WINDOWS AND I DONT WILL NOT BUY A WINDOWS LICENCE?

You don't have to buy a license for anything. There is an officially available VM that requires no purchase whatsoever. Couple that with VirtualBox with a USB passthrough, and your argument literally doesn't exist anymore.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jakibaki View Post
You don't have to buy a windows license... If you insist on doing it the official way you can simply download this official windows vm completely legally without having to pay anything.
Oh cmon I give up....
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

...sorry, i don't get it, could you please,...

nahh, c'mon dude,
scnr

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santeira For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
Because you use the wrong receiver ;-p
https://dreamboxedit.com/
errrr..... this exactly just proves my point. No linux version in sight. For a linux based device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Just a quick comment: I have purchased Sailfish X from Jolla Shop. I used a voucher that I have received from the Jolla Tablet Refund, and during the whole process, the only geographic-dependent step was agreeing with the terms of conditions, which in particular mentions that Sailfish X is currently being sold only in EU/Norway/Switzerland.

Indeed, we do not know yet how much different the process is going to be if one will not be using a voucher, and also how the download procedures will exactly go. I think the easiest is simply wait, we should learn that in a week.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
I can confirm that flashing this image via the open source flashtool unlocks the oem partition for fastboot flashing!

So no requirement for emma at all and flashing Sailfish X on Linux/macOS will most likely just be a matter of updating using flashtool and replacing the flash.bat with this flash.sh!

Last edited by jakibaki; 2017-10-04 at 22:55.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by jakibaki View Post
I can confirm that flashing this image via the open source flashtool unlocks the oem partition for fastboot flashing!
Excellent. Though I spotted the md5sums don't match for flashtool downloads. I posted about it in the unlocking boot loader thread.

Hoping someone can share their md5sum of flashtool to workout if website md5 is wrong or files tampered with.

Rich

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Excellent. Though I spotted the md5sums don't match for flashtool downloads. I posted about it in the unlocking boot loader thread.

Hoping someone can share their md5sum of flashtool to workout if website md5 is wrong or files tampered with.

Rich
At the very least the flashtool.net website appears to be the official one since it's linked in the top post of this immensely popular xda-thread so it's probably just a mistake by the person who maintains the website (especially since if someone took over the website for malicious purposes and changed the links to infected ones they could also have changed the md5sum to the infected version).

Last edited by jakibaki; 2017-10-05 at 00:27.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Oh cmon I give up....
Good. Your comments are consistently disruptive and unproductive. Rather than contributing to the discussion at hand, you're complaining about semantics... when your version of the semantics aren't even true.

If you don't wish to flash an Xperia X with Windows, don't. But please, let this community continue onward with the task at hand.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x