Active Topics

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
Originally Posted by slender View Post
And please DO not paint back of lenses cover totally black. There is two areas where there is black and white. Leave white untouched.
of course! it seems that there is a sensor that turn camera off or on that is coresponding with a colour...

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by neboja View Post
of course! it seems that there is a sensor that turn camera off or on that is coresponding with a colour...
Interesting for people that want to prevent the camera from starting every time the cover is opened. (for instance if you often use the flashlight)...or is there already a tweak for that?

The Following User Says Thank You to maartenmk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
whell if sensor is controllable (and i think it is) than there can be a tweak
maybe i saw even somewhere a topic or a post about it....

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Okey my friends here is "NICE" photo which shows Blueish hazy problem and its much intensive on right side as it should:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/csaaved...20939/sizes/l/
Found picture from N900 developers blog

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
Hi all...ive just contacted some higher ups in nokia who were unaware of the issue.
What i would like is for everyone experincing the problem of the haze is to state:
version of n900 being used(ie what country is it specified to product code) and also when it was bought....

i will compile a list of this info to send to nokia....as it seems not everyone is being affected by this issue.....so we need to pinpoint if its region specific or early adopters etc.
thanks for your cooperation....

UPDATED: PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING THREAD TO PLACE YOUR SPECIFICS!!!!

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...326#post530326

Last edited by RobertHall; 2010-02-16 at 19:18.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Some of the N900 pics are bad, some are amazing, this one demonstrates how amazing the pics can get, it all depends on how much light you have.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
Hi all...ive just contacted some higher ups in nokia who were unaware of the issue.
After all this posting, they didn't know?!? Boolfugenzhit!

All these Nokians floating around... These folks are getting to where I think they're lying and can't be trusted. I don't want to go into another thread posting anything until I see a Maemo guy like with the Mfe issue. I forgot about this thread I started, and ignore the less capable camera since the rest of the device is so dope. But my N93 and N95 took way better photos!

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
After all this posting, they didn't know?!? Boolfugenzhit!

All these Nokians floating around... These folks are getting to where I think they're lying and can't be trusted. I don't want to go into another thread posting anything until I see a Maemo guy like with the Mfe issue. I forgot about this thread I started, and ignore the less capable camera since the rest of the device is so dope. But my N93 and N95 took way better photos!
No need to ignore the camera. BEC's suggestion really works, although it is best to use some black paint or nail polish.
And for daylight shots the camera is actually slightly better than the one in my N82. It certainly takes better video, especially since the latest update.
I went ahead and painted the chrome bezel black as well by the way, but the blue edge for sure makes more of a difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to maartenmk For This Useful Post:
I picked up black marker pen and colored the blue edge black. The result? Hugely improved contrast in photos with flash and gone is the blue overcast on the other side of the picture.

The Following User Says Thank You to markusm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Good idea Markusm

Anyone can explain why it is blue at all?

Tags
don't forget to thank, haze, image quality, lack of quality control, n900, photo quality, photograph quality, photographs, photography, photos, remove backplate