Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
There is no code in qgvdial that touches the local contacts lists.
There is a contacts page inside the app because I did not want to write all the code to deal with merging with local phone contacts.
Great, that means it's something else.

I did try to reproduce the behavior, but now can't seem to update contacts in qgvdial from google. I added a contact with web interface but it does not show up in list. And I do have update contacts option checked with 5 minute interval.

Actually, I _did_ have it checked, but then I clicked on 'This Phone ()' and then tried to back out from there since I wasn't sure what I was dealing with. And now I only see the four buttons at bottom of screen. And buttons don't do anything. So I can't 'really quit' now or anything else.

Ed: I can get dialpad and button functions back with reboot. But I've changed settings (unintentionally ) to call with Skype. In screwing around to get the 'normal' google voice callback settings restored I keep getting the 'no dialpad' thing back. Once I get there, reboot or 'kill' from terminal required to get it back. I'm a little confused by the dialog (?) I get when I click the button over the keypad. Is a restart required when making change. Is the dialog for changing the callback number? Which line of text should one click in the dialog to do what?

Last edited by robthebold; 2014-09-05 at 14:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
New build: QML fixes and minor tweaks.
Updated first comment with openrepos.net link.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
New build: Bugfixes and a bunch of architectural changes to fix compilation for WP 8.1

Any WP 8.1 users here?

Bug report: On Harmattan, I enter an interval in the "Update inbox" field - but next time I open the app, that field is blank again. It doesn't seem to be saving.

Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
Bug report: On Harmattan, I enter an interval in the "Update inbox" field - but next time I open the app, that field is blank again. It doesn't seem to be saving.
Which version of Harmattan are you using?
Please try out the latest version (0.4.1848) from openrepos.net : https://openrepos.net/content/yuvraaj/qgvdial

Thanks

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Great, that means it's something else.

I did try to reproduce the behavior, but now can't seem to update contacts in qgvdial from google. I added a contact with web interface but it does not show up in list. And I do have update contacts option checked with 5 minute interval.

Actually, I _did_ have it checked, but then I clicked on 'This Phone ()' and then tried to back out from there since I wasn't sure what I was dealing with. And now I only see the four buttons at bottom of screen. And buttons don't do anything. So I can't 'really quit' now or anything else.

Ed: I can get dialpad and button functions back with reboot. But I've changed settings (unintentionally ) to call with Skype. In screwing around to get the 'normal' google voice callback settings restored I keep getting the 'no dialpad' thing back. Once I get there, reboot or 'kill' from terminal required to get it back. I'm a little confused by the dialog (?) I get when I click the button over the keypad. Is a restart required when making change. Is the dialog for changing the callback number? Which line of text should one click in the dialog to do what?
I fought with this for a long time and couldn't get any reason why its happening.
Today I've got a dirty hack that makes it work the way it should but I still dont know why it behaves the way it does

There will be a new build in the next few days.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
What irritates me about google voice is aside from it now being a google spy-on-you service is that they bought out and gutted Free World Dialup, a VOIP service. I bought a FWD lifetime subscription maybe in '03, Google bought the service and wiped out all of the old accounts. It was cool because you could take incoming calls from around the US and some other countries for free and could make free calls in some countries during holidays.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I fought with this for a long time and couldn't get any reason why its happening.
Today I've got a dirty hack that makes it work the way it should but I still dont know why it behaves the way it does

There will be a new build in the next few days.
The new build is out.

New build!
-> Every few months, Google requires users who use two factor authentication to verify their settings. qgvdial will now recognize that page and show the user a web page to go verify those settings.
-> qgvdial has been ported to iOS. The app works but looks terrible. Work is in progress to make the UI usable again.
-> I have confirmed that qgvdial does work outside the United States.
User beware: Making phone calls from outside the US may result in international call charges!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
New build!
* Changes to make IOS work
* Sailfish: UI improvements. Cover page sync action
* all: Logout now clears out all cached info
* bb10: TFA page UI screwup fixed

At least two users have reported text message failures.
Please logout and log back in in case this happens.
I'll work on a more appropriate fix once I understand whats happening.

As always, {Harmattan, Sailfish} builds are on openrepos and everything else is here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post: