Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Will real navigation/offline show up in next update? Sail 2.0?

Tesla...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-11-30 at 19:12.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ California
still no update

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
Although I contributed to the Jolla Tablet when it was announced, I wish Jolla had used their resources completely to smooth out the "rough edges" in the Jolla smartphone and given us a stable, everyday phone and then focussed on the Tablet.
If you want them, as a company, to survive and continue to improve the software on the devices they run now and in the future, then you should welcome their taking steps to produce new products (earning them more money, which will help finance continued improvements to the OS).

If you want them to die due to lack of funding thanks to their only product being an increasingly uncompetitive device (just being realistic here - it was already not the hottest thing on the HW end when it was released), then sure, perhaps they shouldn't work on something new.

Spelling this out in a slightly different way: the intention, as I always understood it, was to run multiple devices from a single codeline. They don't have the resources, or desire, to repeat the Nokia mistake of branching entire OS development just because the hardware target changes.

tl;dr: The software that runs on your tablet, will probably also run on your phone (with some concessions for different form factors and the like).

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I think most of us here want Jolla to survive, but it does feel like the phone has been abandoned whilst they work on the Tablet.

I look on these things as a consumer and currently i have a phone that does not work correctly, is not smart and has very few native apps, I bought into Jolla because they were different and I mistakenly believed the offering would be very similar to Meego on the N9. I expected Android compatibility to be a little used feature not one that has become essential.

I would love to see the Sailfish launcher on my Android tablet too but this feature, along with running sailfish on android phones, is too model specific.

The fact remains that monthly updates have stalled and there is very little information coming from Jolla on anything other than the Tablet.

I enjoyed being involved in the early days of the phone and pre-purchase and wnated to get involved. Now there is little official information and jolla.together is so cluttered as to be near useless.

I want to recommend a Jolla phone to friends and family, However I (and I suspect many others) can't do that now and that is something Jolla needs to be aware of.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Some info on Update10: https://together.jolla.com/question/...s-of-update10/
So it is not sure if it will come in December.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Start a thread in the correct sub-forum for the next update, this thread no longer makes sense.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
edging, jollasoap, sailfish update