Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
According to Adam (piggz) via the fxtec forum, 3.4 is now ready for the Pro1

Many thanks are due to Adam and the SFOS portersfor their sterling work - Thanks guys!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
It seems that in 3.4.0.24, Bluetooth has taken another big step sideways. None of my paired devices are remembered after a reboot.

I only succesfully managed to route audio to the headset in a call on one out of two devices (both newish Plantronics, but different models).
That's probably the same as I saw on previous SFOS versions, but the total amnesia is new to me.

Last edited by epninety; 2020-11-25 at 17:55. Reason: cant type

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
This is strange. I only paired my Pebble, but it is still there and reconnects on reboot.

Btw, there was a fix or two lately, make sure you do a zypper ref & dup, might help.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
That's a good idea Bundyo. I'll give it a try....Nope. No devices listed after reboot.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
How did you upgrade to 3.4? You did reflash, right?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
It was installed by a reflash. I was previously running 3.4 installed via zypper, but I don't know if the problem existed then. It's only because of the 'proper' new release that I bothered plugging in a sim and trying to use the Pro1 as a telephone instead of a desk toy.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I have reflashed today with 3.4. And I'm setting up my Pro1 at the moment, which is quite painful again.

That's not the fault of the port but has different reasons. Flashing process has improved and is now really easy.

What is not so easy:
Installing apps, There are a quite big amount of apps which are not installable via Storeman (package not found). Downloading from openrepos and installing them manually works almost every time.

Some apps/patches are not able to run under 3.4. I think mostly because of the change of the username.

Next annoyance: I made a backup before I reflashed. Unfortunately this backup didn't include my contacts. I have no clue why. Lucky me, I have still an older vcf export. I hope not to many contacts are missing.

Fingerprint has worked at the beginning but after some time it stopped to work again. I have no clue what I have installed which prevents the fingerprint reader to work. Is there any suggestion how to debug?

My first impression regarding battery life is, that it went to normal again which is good because it made me really mad to have a device which just with luck survived the day.

I will report when I finished the setting up my pro1, if there are further things, I encountered.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
I reflashed SFOS 3.4 today (via UBPorts and back to stock android) and it seems to have cured my 'forgetting bluetooth devices' issue

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
What is not so easy:
Installing apps, There are a quite big amount of apps which are not installable via Storeman (package not found). Downloading from openrepos and installing them manually works almost every time.
Did you happen to check the date? I know on the PinePhone I had this issue for some apps and it was that my year was far into the future. After changing that it work fine to install.

x

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Thanks for the hint, but my device lives in the here and now.
It is just a minor annoyance, as long as I can install them.
So I will probably not investigate further.
By the way, after deinstalling some outdated stuff Fingerprint works again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os