Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
Its been a long time since I have posted something here. i wanted to ask that what happened to CSSU or CSSU-Thumb ? any more updates expected ?
Not sure how long exactly since you visited here, but I'd like to point out that SailfishOS is available for a handful of consumer devices, and is a really mature and usable GNU/Linux smartphone OS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
I confirm. Working perfectly on XA2 except GPS but there are workarounds and it finally does the job if you are used to Linux unplug-and-play-anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
except GPS but there are workarounds
Maybe just a choice of words, but I wouldn't consider these instructions a "workaround" - you install one package and check your settings, that's all.

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Best option in my opinion is once the n900 dies or the provider turn off 3g (in july for me), then it will be either the Pinephone + keyboard, ideally the pro, but not likely to be ready soon enough. But really thefxtec seem to be the best thing to come close to the n900.

It's just a little too big and uses blobs to run sailfish. But you an run full linux containers in it too and fast chip set. But hard to say long term investment from community, were as the Pinephone may have a longer usable life.

x

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Since the N900 was based on Linux it is pretty easy for the community to work with what we have. The downside is we haven never had open source hardware driver support from Nokia or the upstream manufacturers, this is why we only can do, and have done, so much in the kernel to backport new security and tech into said old kernel.
Nokia has long abandoned this 'burning platform' and actually sold it's rights to build phones to MSFT for something like 5 years, though they are now making android phones. Everything here is all community now.
And community work brings awesome results. Even after years
Twitter link to @danct12s kernel 5.15.12

Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
There is F(x)tec Pro1 X:

https://www.fxtec.com/pro1x

But if you are used to Apple level support this is not for you 'cause it seems it may be difficult to get any support easily.
Well, apple level support mostly means you can not buy a replacement screen for a compatible phone from aliexpress for 30-40€ and install it yourself.
Also, no Apple founders are part of this community since >2010 and still come here to personally answer questions. Its definitely not Apple level regarding reaction times to support requests. Agreed

But a major Tip i could add is to look out for Pro¹-X delivery even if you have not ordered during the campaign. Due to the length of the operation it is very likely backers that could not get a refund will try to sell them off quick.
Would be a shame if those went into wrong (i.e. not community) hands, wouldn't it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo leste, nokia n900