So basically there is no way to be able to choose if I want to boot Maemo KPv50 from eMMC, or to boot NEMO from SD card?

I have now U-Boot with BootMenu, Maemo`s KP v50. When trying to boot from mmc there is a lot of -110 errors.

Card is ADATA 8GB Class 10.

What I have to do to check out NEMO which I have wrote on SD card?

Uninstall those 3 U-Boot packages by dpkg and then installs UBOOT-PR1.3 from Application Manager?

The Following User Says Thank You to ukaef For This Useful Post:
Too bad we can't load attached kernel with different cmdline.
And it would be better if u-boot will add parameters to cmdline (like flasher), instead of replacing them all.

I was shocked finding SHR kernel have this issue too.
Now I wonder if installing SHR's U-boot would solve the issue.
Pali: would SHR U-boot see your bootmenu.scr? NO.

I think SHR staff could help, maybe better then Nemo's. Pali: anyone tried contacting them?

Last edited by ildar; 2012-04-18 at 11:28.

Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
I have Nemo (fresh install) on eMMC so no problem for SD Class 10 or similar.
I have tried to boot Nemo with u-boot and as I have told some weeks ago, but it has always failed to boot (many I/O errors -110)

Today I have tried three times with flasher and the results has been always the same: No boot and many I/O errors

In the past I have loaded many times MeeGo / Nemo kernel with flasher and it has always worked!
So it is impossible that now it no longer works.

I have done an experiment:
  1. Flashed a Power Kernel v49 without u-boot (before I had PK49 with latest Pali's u-boot)
  2. Booted Maemo one or two times (I don't remember) and then powered off.
  3. Loaded Nemo's Kernel with flasher

This time Nemo has booted correctly without errors!!
I deny that: I just successfully booted SHR with:
sudo modprobe -r cdc_phonet ; ./flasher-3.5 -k zImage -l --boot='root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rootwait rw console=ttyO2,115200n8 console=tty0 omapfb.vram=0:2M,1:2M,2:2M mtdoops.mtddev=2 panic=10'
with U-boot installed where it was.
I can't imagine anything you can try except getting battery and USB away for a couple of sec.

Originally Posted by ildar View Post
I deny that: I just successfully booted SHR with:
Code:
sudo modprobe -r cdc_phonet ; ./flasher-3.5 -k zImage -l --boot='root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rootwait rw console=ttyO2,115200n8 console=tty0 omapfb.vram=0:2M,1:2M,2:2M mtdoops.mtddev=2 panic=10'
with U-boot installed where it was.
I can't imagine anything you can try except getting battery and USB away for a couple of sec.
Was this run on the computer or the N900? I can't seem to boot SHR from u-boot (even with SHR u-boot it kernel panics).

Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
Was this run on the computer or the N900? I can't seem to boot SHR from u-boot (even with SHR u-boot it kernel panics).
Surely from the computer in "Update firmware" mode. The reason for my post was to show that installed U-boot doesn't prevent from successfully booting from the mode.

Furthermore, I guess your kernel panics because it can't find the root partition. You should provide a more detailed diagnostics.

Now I'm prepairing new rx51 patch series for upstream u-boot.

It will break some existing u-boot scripts, but I update bootmenu shell script, so bootmenu item entries maybe will work.

And now maybe all systems which does not use nokia 2.6.28 kernel will boot without copying atags from NOLO (I found bug that U-boot on rx51 passing one atag with bad size of RAM)

Also has somebody nice parser of /proc/atags? Something like in this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=148

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ildar View Post
Surely from the computer in "Update firmware" mode. The reason for my post was to show that installed U-boot doesn't prevent from successfully booting from the mode.

Furthermore, I guess your kernel panics because it can't find the root partition. You should provide a more detailed diagnostics.
It is telling me something about a 110 error; but I can't write it all down before it reboots. Is this logged somewhere?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Guys, can someone of you report for which EXACT device those -110 errors are thrown, is it mmcblk1 or mmcblk0.

Sorry for asking, right now I have Maemo on sdcard with 2.6.37 meego kernel and the device giving me -110 errors is INTERNAL eMMC (mmcblk1) and not the external one(sd card). But I don't have Nemo or Ubuntu to test with and confirm.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
right now I have Maemo on sdcard with 2.6.37 meego kernel
Are You kidding me?

Seriously though, I wonder if errata incompatibility won't hit us like bus. Holding thumbs for Your efforts! It would be funny to rewrite all kp patches to comply with 2.6.37, yep?

[/off-topic]
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot