Notices

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
What kind of time-tracking applications are folks here using? I'm starting a new major project and my on-site computer will be my tablet, so I'm really looking for something that's both simple and robust.

I've seen only two, and would just like to know what is out there that's being used.

If a developer would like to create one... I can draw up a wire-frame and most of the functionality that I'm looking for fairly quickly.

Last edited by ARJWright; 2009-07-09 at 20:43.

I use GPE timesheet. Does the trick. So long as you're not looking for project management a-la MS Project, you'll do well with that. One suggestion though; if you reflash, you need to manually back up the .gpe-timesheet db file or you'll lose everything. Ask me how I know.

Yea, not so much looking for project management; but it would be nice if it played with either the built-in notes app or with Xournal so that I could attach some needed information to it.

Does GPE export into other formats (PDF, XML, etc.)?

I use orgmode in Emacs.

No export capabilities. but since the data is in sqlite format perhaps something that can read that?

I'm still not exactly happy with what I've seen out here, and frankly am a bit discouraged because I've not seen something simple yet powerful.

Nevertheless, no one should ever complain without first proposing a solution, and so here's my solution for a time tracking/task application for this platform that's both simple and effective. PNG image is attached to this post.

See a larger version of the attachment here.

If any developer wants to take a shot at doing this, all I ask is that you name me in your credits.
Attached Images

Last edited by ARJWright; 2009-07-15 at 16:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Maybe this will be more helpful http://www.e-tim.org

Originally Posted by adert View Post
Maybe this will be more helpful http://www.e-tim.org
My apologies for sounding like a zealot, but that's "free software" from a company that has a full-screen Flash applet for a website.
Now if there were something available I could host myself, that would be fantastic. Almost as good as getting Project Hamster ported.

Last edited by oKtosiTe; 2010-07-31 at 14:18. Reason: Want notifications