Active Topics

Hi,
I was wondering if there was an app that can tell me phone input voltage / current. Right now I can only measure (N9) using the battery output but what I want to measure is power input to the phone. This would be helpful for me understanding if the charger I am hooking up to is giving the true output as it states. Thanks!

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Nokia energy profiler. Install it from developer mode menu. You won't notice charging current at first because it's -xxx, so you need to scroll down.

Thanks. I wish that was it. That is the load / voltage from the battery. Without external power the voltage hovers around 4v and etc....

I basically want to use this as a quick test of chargers I have and may buy in the stores. A lot of vendors here in Asia give you false numbers.

If there is a config file I can change so that it displays input voltage instead that would be great!

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
If you want to test charges, remember to have max 50% of battery. Battery is controlling current and above I don't know exactly what percentage it drops. My original Nokia charger starts charging at around 800mA and at around 90% the current is 100mA.

The Following User Says Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
If you want to test charges, remember to have max 50% of battery. Battery is controlling current and above I don't know exactly what percentage it drops. My original Nokia charger starts charging at around 800mA and at around 90% the current is 100mA.
I do normally do that. I just wish I had a way to display input voltage / current over time. If you have any ideas I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

The best tool we have, i think, is the energy profiler. However if you want to measure the measure the current and / or voltage at the pins you will need to wire up a dummy cable and take measurements with a meter separately from there. If it's any use, i've done this with a fluke meter on both the n900 & n9 but mainly the n900 and the built in current meter the bq27x00 module is far more accurate and fine grained a tool than a basic ammeter can provide

Originally Posted by independent View Post
The best tool we have, i think, is the energy profiler. However if you want to measure the measure the current and / or voltage at the pins you will need to wire up a dummy cable and take measurements with a meter separately from there. If it's any use, i've done this with a fluke meter on both the n900 & n9 but mainly the n900 and the built in current meter the bq27x00 module is far more accurate and fine grained a tool than a basic ammeter can provide
How did you do it on the N900? So you used the N900 to do the metering?