Active Topics

Hey guys

Read this on a website called hackforums.net:

8) The best cellphone for hacking

I couldn't possibly finish this tutorial without giving a huge vouch for this cellphone. It's the cellphone that I personally own and use everyday. It's the best cellphone there is without a doubt.

This cellphone can do literally everything.

The Nokia N900.

Doesn't matter what you hear on TV about the new and latest cellphone being the "best" it's all lies. Believe me, I've done tons and tons of research.

Why is the Nokia N900 the best cellphone currently out in the market? Well, this piece of little machine can do it ALL.

Let me mention a few things that I do myself with it.

-Emulation of any console and games
-Free phone calls and SMSs, SMMS
-Wireless internet hacking
-Multitask up to 40 windows open at once and not crashing.
-It runs on Maemo (A linux based Operating system, based on Debian)
-A second phone number using Google's voice feature
-Pretty much everything you can think of, it can do it.

You think your phone is the best? Simply do a comparison with your phone and the Nokia N900 and you will see for yourself that it's the best.

I do not want to praise it entirely because it would take me probably a good 2 days mentioning everything it has.

Just go to Youtube.com and search "nokia N900" and you will see so many amazing things that it can do.

http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/ - If you are interested in finding out more about hardware and software built in.

Just as I always say, I believe this is everything I have to say.
Is this still the case?

Is this the reason why you would still prefer this over an Iphone or Galaxy?

Whats your view on what this person has said?

Cheers people.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martyk69uk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Well... I have seen an Android, and an Windows Phone 7.5. Neither of them was as comfortable to use as Maemo Fremantle.
And I definitely see no limitations on Nokia N900. I have not gone that far, but: it can be overclocked, it can run Mer-Nemo, it has Easy Debian, it's possible to multiboot Nitroid....
I personally enjoy ModRana for Maps and Stellarium for stargazing. Though, some would prefer Navit, or Marble, for vector Maps.
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by martyk69uk View Post
Hey guys

Read this on a website called hackforums.net:

Is this still the case?

Is this the reason why you would still prefer this over an Iphone or Galaxy?

Whats your view on what this person has said?

Cheers people.
YES!

I think this little BRICK is more powerfull than the new S4 with that useless pause when look away function.

Just sayin'. Also a new N900 here is a lot more expensive than the S3, so you decide!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Funny you should ask. Just earlier today, driving home from work, I had my N900 playing an MP3 album via an FM transmitter through my car's stereo, paused every now and then by spoken directions from a navigation app (I didn't need it, I was just testing it). No big deal for an N900, but can an iPhone, an Android or a Windows do it? (Actually, if you tell me one of the three can, then my bet would be on Windows. However sad that is.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Funny you should ask. Just earlier today, driving home from work, I had my N900 playing an MP3 album via an FM transmitter through my car's stereo, paused every now and then by spoken directions from a navigation app (I didn't need it, I was just testing it). No big deal for an N900, but can an iPhone, an Android or a Windows do it? (Actually, if you tell me one of the three can, then my bet would be on Windows. However sad that is.)
They can all do that via 3rd party applications that need heavy 3G data for maps download and voice download. I had an LG Optimus One (I was in XDA development team for O1, Cyanogen port) that could do all of that, if you know what to do with it, you can make every device (except IPhone, it's a personal problem with Apple) do whatever you desire, but all of them are little kindergarten kids compared with the N900.

You can check my Android dev here: https://www.facebook.com/Nexus.Shadow.Technologies.Inc

I also got down every single link for the files since I don't work anymore at that project and donated all my sources. But you can still see screenshots and some technical info.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
They can all do that
Including the "via FM transmitter" part? I stand corrected...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Including the "via FM transmitter" part? I stand corrected...
No, I don't think all of them, especially Android devices. Iphone has an external FM Transmitter unit, so Iphone can, but not like the N900, not with RDS, not with RDS notification, not with FM call redirect, and much more.

I just said they can, in 2013 they can, but not as good as this 2009 phone!

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
No, I don't think all of them, especially Android devices. Iphone has an external FM Transmitter unit, so Iphone can, but not like the N900, not with RDS, not with RDS notification, not with FM call redirect, and much more.

I just said they can, in 2013 they can, but not as good as this 2009 phone!
We are talking about fm-transmiter, not fm-radio.

totally different things.

*unless, I didn't understand what you said.
iphone has external fm-tx? really?

and how many android devices have fm-tx? maybe note 2?

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2013-04-30 at 21:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
We are talking about fm-transmiter, not fm-radio.

totally different things.

*unless, I didn't understand what you said.
iphone has external fm-tx? really?

and how many android devices have fm-tx? maybe note 2?
Yes, I saw it on Ebay, FMTX for Iphone. It's called Itrip and here it is. http://www.griffintechnology.com/itrip

Idk if Iphone have fm radio (as reciver) but FMTX, i was sure about that.

I also don't know if any android device have some external device like that.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
but all of them are little kindergarten kids compared with the N900..
i just love this part

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post: