Notices

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
N900. Well there is only 0.53.1 available in the repos so I assume you have that installed from github or the like manually?

I am now having exactly the same issue with the installed version so the newer version has obviously affected the settings somehow.

I think I will try removing everything and starting fresh with the master version.
There was time when 3 version were on my n900 One from the repo, and the last two version from github for testing. The latest won so it stays

I just did
Code:
git clone
and then overwrite everything in /opt/modrana folder so I did not loose the icon and config files for example.

If something is wrong with downloading/displaying tiles then maybe something is wrong in your ~/.modrana folder - i.e. map_config and user_config.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I have removed the old version of modRana and now solved the issue above by removing my .maps file.
Tiles are now redownloading and populating the screen.
I will give it a test over the next few days to see how it compares.

I don't seem to be able to find my custom orange theme any more so i will have to remember how I did that. Or can I request an orange theme? Like the red but with all red components the same orange as N900 digital nature theme.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Some quick feedback can't seem to get offiline routing working again. Installed the monav_data folders as required but no luck.
Anyway to debug whats wrong? Google routing seems fine.

Also is there a way to disable the double tap zoom feature?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Some quick feedback can't seem to get offiline routing working again. Installed the monav_data folders as required but no luck.
Anyway to debug whats wrong? Google routing seems fine.

Also is there a way to disable the double tap zoom feature?
Can you post the output of running modrana.py from terminal please?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
There is no error output it acts as if the route button isn't there and tapping route again just zooms the map.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
There is no error output it acts as if the route button isn't there and tapping route again just zooms the map.
Sorry. I do apologise, it would appear the terminal fills up so fast the error was well off the screen. Only testing again and outputting to file did I spot this.

ImportError: No module named google.protobuf,internal.

https://pastebin.com/68LrRJx0

Not sure if double tapping the route button causing zoom is intended behaviour or not.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Hmm... How exactly are you trying to run it? I think there is something wrong with the pathes - i.e. it is trying to run .py files from on-device and from SD card... Could you just git clone it to eMMC and then run it...?

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
modRana 0.51.1 has been released!

So, we have finally a new modRana release - this time with quite some highlights!

The OpenRepos package has already been updated and the Jolla Store/Harbour one has been submitted for QA review.

Update: ModRana 0.51.1 has passed the Jolla Store QA.

Turn by turn navigation support
The long asked for turn-by-turn navigation support in the Qt 5 GUI on Sailfish OS is finally here. To use it just get a route and then press the navigate button.

A turn by turn navigation overlay will be displayed (includes distance to next turn, turn icon & turn instructions) and modRana will start following the route. This includes indicating the next turn with a red circle and checking if the route is being followed. If it looks like the route is no longer being followed, modRana will automatically request a new route from current position to the destination.

Also in soma case (currently just when using the Vallhalla based routing provided by OSM Scout Server) current heading will be taken into account when rerouting and routing from current position to a point on the map. This should help avoiding needless U-turns as a route following the current heading will be preffered.

On a related note - the turn icons come originally from Poor Maps, which did a really good job gathering a set of CC0 licensed SVG icons mapping all relevant Valhalla turn types. The eixstence of these icons made the turn icon display support very easy for modRana, so thanks yet again to otsaloma - you rock!

Very preliminary turn by turn voice output support
This version of modRana contains some very preliminary turn by turn instructions support. Just contemplate the following instructions to see how preliminary this is:

To enable the preliminary voice output, you have to install:
- portaudio from OpenRepos
- espeak from OpenRepos
- gstreamer1.0-tools from the cmdline as root:

Code:
pkcon install gstreamer1.0-tools
This should be eventually replaced by a more robust and configurable solution, which should also support the more advanced text-to-speech egines recently ported by Rinigius (thanks! ). Also in the future Qt/QML will be used to play the voice messages and gstreamer tools should no longer be needed.

Local POI database
In this release the POI database also makes it's debut - it was pretty useful to my when traveling through Japan in the summer, so should hopefully be useful for other modRana users as well.

The general principle is simple - long press a point on the map, press the "Point info" button and select to save the point to a local POI database. POI name, description and category can be set before the point is saved to the database. Online/offline POI search results can be saved to the local database as well.

Saved POIs can be browsed by category and centered on the map. Saved POIs can be also used as the centrail point for local search.

In is not currently possible to delete stored POIs, but this slight omission should be fixed soon in one of the upcomming releases. It should be also possible to use POIs as a target for routing in the future as well.

Fixes and imporvements
This modRana release also contains a bunch of various smaller imrpovements and fixes. ModRana should now look much better on very high DPI devices, such as the Sony Xperia X.

Also modRana now supports the Valhalla based OSM Scout Server rotuing, so adjustments are no longer needed when OSM Scout Server is installed and used with the default configuration profile.

Two new layers have been added - OSM Scout Server provided & offline rendered car day & night optimized layers.

Changelog
Code:
- turn-by-turn navigation support in Qt 5 GUI
- local POI database is now available
- it's possible to save arbitrary points from map as POI
- POIs can be used as a routing destination
- very high DPI fixes (Sailfish X/Xperia X)
- use Valhalla routing by default with OSM Scout Server
- add car optimized OSM Scout tile layers (day & night)
- take current heading into account for Valhalla routing
- it is now possible to do local search around arbitrary point on the map
- use QtQuick Controls 2 as backend on Desktop & Android
- very preliminary espeak based turn-by-turn voice output

Last edited by MartinK; 2017-11-28 at 15:36.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Thanks for...

Last edited by karlos devel; 2017-11-28 at 03:04.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
@MartinK, thank you for the update, looking forward to test it. ESpeak already amused everyone this morning

Its great that you integrated POI support. Other map clients do have the same in TODOs, as far as I remember. Regarding POIs, I do wonder if we can keep it in some backend that would be used by all if the same notation is followed. For example, as a part of our address books with all phone numbers and such. All devices do have address books and they could be easily shared between devices. Just an idea that maybe worth of thinking about when we get to the stage where all other issues are resolved ...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps