Active Topics

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I have noticed this for some time but haven't seen anyone complaining about this issue, this makes me wonder if I am the only one having this problem.

Two pictures below show what I mean. The first one is from setuping msn account which is from extraplugins and the other for google account setup built-in on the system. The magnifying quality is clearly worse in the first picture and this occurs in any application (filebox, cutetube ...) which is not from Nokia. Any idea?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
The magnifying quality is clearly worse in the first picture and this occurs in any application (filebox, cutetube ...) which is not from Nokia.
This would lead me to believe that it's an issue with Qt Components. The stock applications are written using MeeGo Touch Framework. One way to distinguish MTF applications from Qt Components applications is to look at the menus when the dark theming is used. MTF applications still use the silver/white menus, whilst Qt Components applications have dark menus. This only applies in >= PR1.1.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-02-04 at 14:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Def. sounds like bug reporting time, nice find.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Sounds more like a subjective minor issue, rather than a real problem. Doesn't bother me that much to be perfectly honest.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Leave that one for Nokia devs to determine, def. worthwhile reporting.
(if a check reveals it isn't already lodged)
As it may be a relatively easy fix....

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I don't have account and know to do bug reporting, feel free to use those pictures if someone want to. Actually this is something I can live with, I just find it funny since it occurs in 3rd party apps only.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Leave that one for Nokia devs to determine, def. worthwhile reporting.
(if a check reveals it isn't already lodged)
As it may be a relatively easy fix....
Sure, report it. But no it's not up to them to say if it's a real problem or not. It's subjective.

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
I don't have account and know to do bug reporting, feel free to use those pictures if someone want to. Actually this is something I can live with, I just find it funny since it occurs in 3rd party apps only.
I have been wondering about the same thing for a while but always forget to file a big report... in PR1.2 there's also a separate issue with magnifying glass that I need to file a report....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
For your reference, a related but separate bug report has been filed for N950 PR1.2
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=848

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post: