Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
Post 8 in this thread...
Thanks - I did see that but I was wondering if there was a path that I could add to use with apt-get or the app manager on the phone (as in do they regularly get packaged to .debs anywhere?) Forgive my noobishness, I've never had a large active part in any open source community bar being a user.

Last edited by llBlackenedll; 2010-08-22 at 00:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to llBlackenedll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by llBlackenedll View Post
Thanks - I did see that but I was wondering if there was a path that I could add to use with apt-get or the app manager on the phone? (Forgive my noobishness, I've never had a large active part in any open source community bar being a user)
There will be according to MohammedAG (kudos to him)...

SSU means Seamless Software Update. Add Community in front of that and You've got the answer to Your question.

In other words, it will be another repository just like Extras etc...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
MohammadAG thanks for this
Keep up the good work bro!
Maybe you should create a repo with the pre-pr1.2.1/1.3 packages so we can get the fixes early.
I also saw you created a updated package for the pulseaudio stack that fixes stuttering, I'm going to test that tomorrow.

mabrouk ramadan

Originally Posted by oneFinn View Post
One strange think pop up after update. Sync between Outlook and N900 calendar via Ovi Suite stopped working. Suite flags error code 8004fd22.

According to logs the previous syncs worked before.

Could it be this, or has something else happened?

Same here. I am able to sync my Outlook 2007 calendar until this upgrade yesterday. Now I'm also getting the error warning when it tries to sync the calendar. Contacts appears to sync ok

Urgent help required. I installed this transferring the file to MYDOcs and entering code:

root
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/hildon-desktop_kinetic_2.2.138-1+0m5_armel.deb
killall hildon-desktop

However, now I can only use four desktops (even though in manage views there are 6 desktops selected). Also I cannot scroll between desktops using keyboard arrow keys (which I prefer a million times to swiping with my finger).

I don't know if the problem is this conflicts with modifiled hildon home. Is there a fix? If not how do I revert back to before I put this on? Will deleting the file from MyDocs be enough?

EDIT: Okay found this: Anyways, to undo, apt-get --reinstall install hildon-desktop

Did that and get message "Package hildon-desktop is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source"

If there is a major conflict between this and modified hildon (which looks like is the case) then I think there should be a warning in the first post.

EDIT 2: Okay I managed to restore. I did:

apt-get --reinstall install modified-hildon-desktop

Now I am back to having 9 desktops and being able to scroll between desktops using the keyboard. Yaaay.

Last edited by etuoyo; 2010-08-22 at 10:14.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
MohammadAG , You are the man ! Thanks a lot

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i'm confused!
will this cause problems when i have modified transitions.ini installed?

also: i'm always getting "no such file or directory" when i try to install this. "dpkg: error processing .....deb (--install): cannot access archive: no such file or directory"
why???
i tried with both "root" and "sudo gainroot" (seem to be different), but both methods give me the same error message.
the file is located at the correct folder and i didnt mistype anything.

Last edited by msa; 2010-08-22 at 11:24.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@msa
Post exact steps/commands you are using. When you change to root you change directory as well. You can always check where are you by typing pwd. So if your .deb file is located in /home/user then when you change to root you have to type the complete path, because now your current directory will be /root .

PS. Always use ctrl+i to get your shell autocomplete - this will save you a lot of typing.

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@msa
Post exact steps/commands you are using. When you change to root you change directory as well. You can always check where are you by typing pwd. So if your .deb file is located in /home/user then when you change to root you have to type the complete path, because now your current directory will be /root .

PS. Always use ctrl+i to get your shell autocomplete - this will save you a lot of typing.
thanks for the ctrl-i hint!

but i see the problem now: i ssh'd into home/user/mydocs and put the deb-file in there

but when i enter home/user/mydocs via terminal and check with ls, it shows me a whole lot of other folder that i didnt see when i copied the files through my computer. looks like this is a completely different mydocs?!

what i did:
copy the .deb-file to /home/user/MyDocs
start terminal
sudo gainroot, after this i was at /home/user
cd MyDocs/, after this i was at /home/user/MyDocs/
dpkg -i longassfilename.deb (<- ctrl+i didnt work on that either)
bla bla no such file or directory

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@msa
If ctrl+i does not autocomplete it, it is just not there. You can check by running "ls|grep deb" and it will find all files having deb in their name.

Tags
bugfix, great stuff, the-red-button