Read an article on ZDNet claiming that Nokia Music is now also available on the N9 in the US, but when I try to open Nokia Music for the first time, it asks me to choose a country, but US isn't an option. I spent forever on Google this afternoon looking for information about this, but with no success.

Was the article misleading, or is there something else I need to do? The author claims to have been using the service on the N9 and Lumia 900.

This has always been the case! Since the phone came out last year we've had a form of Nokia Music on it, it's just that no ever ever mentioned it. I tweeted about this in Nov last year. It's Aupeo powered. I'm in the U.S. too and selected the U.K for it to run. No problems we just can't purchase music for the most part...

Pardon my ignorance but is Nokia Music the same thing as the Music Store? I don't see anything called "Nokia Music" on my N9.

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a Music 'store' if you can't actually buy any music? I could have sworn when I first bought my N9 that it had a US, but maybe I did select UK. But I know with PR1.3 it definitely does not have US on the list.

Stupid Elop is at fault, I'm sure.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

You open music and go to store, and apparently there's meant to be some option for all the fun new stuff Nokia Music offers to the Lumia owners. But I can't get that far, as I live in a country that apparently doesn't exist.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olrac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olrac View Post
Read an article on ZDNet claiming that Nokia Music is now also available on the N9 in the US, but when I try to open Nokia Music for the first time, it asks me to choose a country, but US isn't an option. I spent forever on Google this afternoon looking for information about this, but with no success.

Was the article misleading, or is there something else I need to do? The author claims to have been using the service on the N9 and Lumia 900.
Nope, I wasn't lying or misleading anyone. On the N9 it is called Music Store. I can login and access music I bought on Nokia Music on my Lumia 900. I can also stream playlists through the Music Store, but for some reason a few of them are not active. I would love to see it relabeled as Nokia Music, but at least purchases are cross platform.

I thought for sure I tried this before and it did not work and wonder what update gave us this functionality. Let me know if it still doesn't work for you.

@orlac

Thanks for the instructions. It's working great!

Became much interested in this as well when Nokia announced that Nokia Music will be available in the US. I'm also in the US and that country is not available on the list. I'm afraid, though, of choosing a different country right now, as it says you can't change it once you've made a choice (or is there a way to change it)?

I just selected the UK. I can't purchase any music but the streaming has been working flawlessly.

Well, I took a chance and just picked the UK since US isn't there.
Now, I guess I just don't get it. I mean... I see options to buy the music I want to hear, and to stream random music that I might or might not want to. Every article I read says this is an app to replace Spotify, but I don't see the option to pick an album and stream it for free. What am I missing?