http://europe.nokia.com/A4579471

Video calling between two devices or to any compatible PC

Yeah, and it looks like the Google Apps are now going to work smoothly!!!

EDIT...
Hmmm... I just noticed that OGG isn't listed as an audio format. I actually don't use OGG, but I'm surprised that it wasn't added in b/c it's free, right?

Last edited by hordeman; 2007-10-19 at 21:12.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Man I hope that's for real. A Nokia employee mentioned that H.323 over SIP will be supported, which is do-able. But something more broad would certainly be better.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
Yeah, and it looks like the Google Apps are now going to work smoothly!!!
Meaning Google Talk for the PC will have video support soon?

The Following User Says Thank You to Moonshine For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Meaning Google Talk for the PC will have video support soon?
I meant Google Docs and Google Spreadsheets. Right now, they are really slow for me... and problems get caused when the keyboard pops up and tries to resize the screen.

That page lists maps as a feature of OS2008. The OS, not the device (N810). Does that mean that it will also be on the N800? Or do you need the N810 to have all the map data that is stored on the 2GB internal memory?

Anyone within Nokia (Mara, Texrat, Ragnar) with an N800 and OS2008 care to elaborate?

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by slip View Post
That page lists maps as a feature of OS2008. The OS, not the device (N810). Does that mean that it will also be on the N800? Or do you need the N810 to have all the map data that is stored on the 2GB internal memory?

Anyone within Nokia (Mara, Texrat, Ragnar) with an N800 and OS2008 care to elaborate?
The "maps" application needs Chinook firmware to work. It comes preinstalled on N810 devices, but on N800 it will be a separate download. (As well as the maps data is separate download.) You'll need quite a bit of space to save all the maps data... like North America + Canada would require 2GB card to fit.

Can someone post what maps will be available? Will there be Eastern Europe and Bulgaria?

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
Can someone post what maps will be available? Will there be Eastern Europe and Bulgaria?
Not sure... It should cover all the same maps that the Navicore Personal has:
https://shop.navicoretech.com/catego...w.php?catid=11

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
The "maps" application needs Chinook firmware to work. It comes preinstalled on N810 devices, but on N800 it will be a separate download. (As well as the maps data is separate download.) You'll need quite a bit of space to save all the maps data... like North America + Canada would require 2GB card to fit.
Will the download of the map data be free?