Does anybody know if Packet Injection is supported "Out of the box" or via a kernel module?

This is the biggest thing missing from the N8x0 for me at the moment.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
You should ask these kind of technical questions in the maemo-devel mailing list, which is read at least sometimes by the relevant people dealing with kernel.

Originally Posted by ankkuri View Post
You should ask these kind of technical questions in the maemo-devel mailing list, which is read at least sometimes by the relevant people dealing with kernel.
I've signed up to http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/maemo/ but wanted to see if anybody here had heard or found anything unofficial.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
Does anybody know if Packet Injection is supported "Out of the box" or via a kernel module?

This is the biggest thing missing from the N8x0 for me at the moment.
Not sure what you mean by "packet injection".

Using scapy (and python) you should be able to create any packet you want, providing you are root.

You can find scapy at:http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/

I hope this helps,

Craig...

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
level IV packet. i think, isn't it ?

Pretty sure he's talking wireless packet injection. So yea, level 4 network packets.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Isn't it layer 4?

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Isn't it layer 4?
You know, you'd think a guy currently taking a CCNA course would have caught that.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Isn't it layer 4?
What kind of Layer 4 packet do you need. Scapy supports both UDP and TCP. And if you need to roll your own, there's a RAW option where you put in your own hex bytes.

AND, it will do this over 802.11 with SNAP LLC header (which is what you want if you are doing this over wireless).

I use scapy at work every day (I do network testing), great stuff, and it is open source.

Perhaps BOFH could be more specific about the kind of packet he wants to inject.

I hope this helps,

Craig...

Maybe he wants to use airreplay...