Notices

Hi,

I have 3g connection in my n900. And i would like to connect to the internet in my laptop using N900.

I cheked with PC suite and ovi suite both have the option one touch access through i tried to connect to the internet. In the pc suite its shown as the conenction is successful. And in the computer though the N900 USB modem is connected with no internet access.

I'm using windows7 in my laptop.
Do i have to do any thing extra to get connected.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
i had to connect manually from one touch acces.
also, i'we had problems with internet connection pefore in win7 and disabling "ipv6" from network settings usually helps.
have you had a usb modem before with the same carrier?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Try Mobile HotSpot from the repos, it supports sharing your 3G connection trough WLAN (and USB but I haven't tested it).

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
i have tried it, but it didn't work how i was hoping. it somewhat works, but the dl speed is only about 20 to 30kb/s and when i connect using usb and onetouch i get some 800 to 900 kb/s

thanks for the quick replies... checked ipv6 settings its not instllaed for N900 usb modem connection. But Ipv6 settings are enabled for other home wifi connection.
I didn't had any usb modem before.. this is the first time i'm trying. Currently downloading the mobile hot spot will check and update the result...

in Annexes Manual, step by step how to enable sharing. Connect your phone to your computer, PC suite mode and you need to know the user name and password of your ISP from the phone such as Vodafone and the like
Attached Images

the last picture the phone number is * 99 #

working????????????

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
any updates? wud be awesome if it works

I've used my N900 over Bluetooth to browse the web with my Win98 laptop.

Was a bit slow to connect at first, but once it got there it was fine. It was even over a 2G connection.

I used a £5 bargain bin Blutooth adapter in my lappy and used the drivers and software that came with it. I never touched Windows Bluetooth connectivity, too problematic.