Active Topics

Originally Posted by djs514 View Post
Hi everyone,
This site has been a great place to find information about MeeGo, N9, and Maemo.
This morning to my surprise, after manually checking for updates, I was offered the upgrade to PR1.2.
I have a factory unlocked Hong Kong variant (as far as I know) purchased at home in Canada, and currently temporarily living in Jerusalem, Israel. I was in London when PR1.1 was released and it took almost 2 weeks to get the update and by that point I was in Denmark. So to only way 2 days to get the update from initial release was great.

I clicked update all (maybe that was a mistake), I then cancelled some of the ones I could, others downloaded and installed, and some wouldn't install. I then clicked the MeeGo update, did the backup, then told it to download, took about 50mins to download about 283MB, then it did the update, got to about 72%, said the update failed, and would reboot in 5 seconds. It rebooted, attempted to rescue the update, rebooted once or twice during the process, then told me it exceeded the max # of attempts and to try with NSU, or take it to a Nokia repair centre. I pressed ok, rebooted, same thing, Pressed ok again, rebooted, and it seems to be working, and seems to have been updated, along with the apps that needed PR1.2, but the version number reported is PR1.2 (20.2011.40-4_PR_005) and NSU says there's an update of 1.2GB.
Also I can't seem to uninstall apps. I have a few apps that I suspect may be the cause:
1) MeeFolders was previously installed, but was uninstalled about a week ago.
2) I have a Hebrew keyboard (not downloaded from Ovi Store, but I believe it's now available, no longer needed as Hebrew is supported natively in PR1.2)
3) Calendar Feed 0.6.1
4) Calendaricon 1.0.0
5) DiY OperatorLogo 0.0.1
6) Home screen settings 1.0.0
7) LPMCustomizer (neither this or DiY was used, as I took the icon I had off incase it was eating my battery, although unlikely I think, battery was dying in a matter of hours just normal mixed idle/active use)
8) MeeFolders 0.1.0 (installed about 2 or 3 days ago)

I plan to do a back up and use NSU to download and install PR1.2 again. I also so PR1.2 is now on Navifirm, so I guess I could reflash it that way if needed.

What is the best course of action at this point?

Is there a terminal command I can use to manually uninstall those 8 apps before doing the backup and using NSU?

Do you need more info?

Thanks in Advance,
Daniel
Flashing using Nokia Software Updater will erase all your apps, so you don't need to worry about uninstalling things ahead of time.

Check out the flashing guide I posted the other day (though it centers around flasher rather than NSU).

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Flashing using Nokia Software Updater will erase all your apps, so you don't need to worry about uninstalling things ahead of time.

Check out the flashing guide I posted the other day (though it centers around flasher rather than NSU).
Thanks for the quick response, so my best bet is to reflash, I should use NSU first, and if that doesn't work Flasher with the firmware downloaded fro Navifirm?

Also, what's the best way to back up my files? Nokia Suite (ver 3.2.100) which I use to sync contacts, messages, and occassionally my media, or should I download Nokia Link? Or if Nokia Suite is synced and I manually copy my media to me laptop, that should be enough?

Is there a backup guide on here?

Thanks

Anyone in US with the Australian version got the update? Mine doesn't show anything yet.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ chicago
Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
Anyone in US with the Australian version got the update? Mine doesn't show anything yet.
I have a Australien one, no update here yet. I'm one T-M US,

The Following User Says Thank You to oldsoccer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
I removed the apt cache you mentionned, I also used QAD cleaner to remove /home/user/.cache and /.grob/cahe.
I've disabled AND uninstalled developer mode...
Restarted device... and same issue Any other recommendation?
Sorry to annoy you guys again... but... nothing else I can try to fix the "Updating 0%" problem? Do I really need to reflash how about a reset from the phone settings?

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
The only Australian ones that have had the update are unlocked models and ones purchased through Virgin (which I am guessing have vanilla firmware, and not spammed firmware like the Optus one I have....)

Hmmm Singapore -005 and on tmobile USA. Still nothing for me. Any suggestions other than waiting and flashing?

Originally Posted by solstice88 View Post
Hmmm Singapore -005 and on tmobile USA. Still nothing for me. Any suggestions other than waiting and flashing?
Same thing (save for network) but I didn't get OTA. You can go with NSU right now I bet though (mine did.) It was generally fine (besides losing apps) but it did break my dev-mode so I had to do some work to get that working again.
That's an option if you don't feel like waiting for the OTA update though I think most who went with OTA haven't had issues. All I recommend is like said before- remove extra repos and all the tweaking programs. 1.2 is definitely faster and more responsive for me.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lavo View Post
The only Australian ones that have had the update are unlocked models and ones purchased through Virgin (which I am guessing have vanilla firmware, and not spammed firmware like the Optus one I have....)
You seem to be correct. That's where I got mine I do believe.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
Same thing (save for network) but I didn't get OTA. You can go with NSU right now I bet though (mine did.) It was generally fine (besides losing apps) but it did break my dev-mode so I had to do some work to get that working again.
That's an option if you don't feel like waiting for the OTA update though I think most who went with OTA haven't had issues. All I recommend is like said before- remove extra repos and all the tweaking programs. 1.2 is definitely faster and more responsive for me.
I too have a Singapore *_005 on Tmobile USA and have not received the OTA. Additionally, for the life of me, I can not get Nokia Software Updater to recognize my phone. The weird thing is I have no issues with Nokia Link