Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
I'd be interested in the USB adapter, but I'd also like to have an adapter from the propriety 4 pole audio/mike plug for the N800 to conventional stereo mini plug.
It took me a bit of time to figure out what you were asking for here. You want a plug that will adapt a standard mono phone headset to the proprietary headphone plug.

What I would like is an adapter that splits the proprietary headphone/mike plug into a stereo mini phono for headphones and a mono mini for mic, so I could use any computer headset on my N800.

Oh your fancy dongle looks really good to me too. It's the same price as my mini USB male to USB A Male ($2) + F-F gender changer ($8) combo, and it auto-switches as well! Nice.

Last edited by qole; 2008-01-27 at 22:03. Reason: 'cause I'm slow. Took me a while to figure it out.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ The Hague, The Netherlands
Hello everybody,

Just to let you know that I would also definitely be interested provided that you would be able and prepared to ship the dongle also to Europe (The Netherlands in particular).

Hope you decide to make the formal offer to all soon :-)

Glad this thread sprung up well. At this point, I'm in for an adapter, and interested in a dongle. Thanks, Rob.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Snohomish, WA
I'm interested as well

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Just a clarification on the adapter/usage:
This is what the adapter looks like:

-Rob
Just to clarify a couple things.

- This would not work for the N810 because the N810 uses a micro-USB, right? Would you possibly be offering an N810 version?

- This adapter is only needed if you don't want to manually enable host mode on the IT correct?

TIA

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Just to clarify a couple things.

- This would not work for the N810 because the N810 uses a micro-USB, right? Would you possibly be offering an N810 version?

- This adapter is only needed if you don't want to manually enable host mode on the IT correct?
Correct, won't work with the N810 because of the difference in connectors (micro AB on the N810 VS mini B on the N800 I believe); however the idea in changing connectors is that the USB OTG standard specifies an A-B type connector as the way to go (A for when the device is a host, B for when it's a peripheral), so there should be USB OTG adapters made by the big names/manufacturers that will work properly for OTG on the N810 (if not now then mighty soon); the spec clearly states though that a "B" connector should NOT be used for USB OTG Hosts, so we have to build our own for that.

Also as you point out, the adapter is only really needed for automatic switching between host and client mode on the N800; however for most USB devices that contain a cable with a male A connector (designed to plug into your computer's USB port) you'll still need some kind of adapter/gender changer to allow you to connect them to your tablet.

-Rob

I would be interested.

I managed to find a female to female connector at the Source Circuity City (in Canada) so I am using that now with the original N800 cable but I would like something more "Streamlined" that would be automatic...

I've been reading over the instructions on how to do it and I'm so relieved to find someone who's offering to sell them! I would definitely be interested in either option - I'd just need it to be shipped using a courier service cause the postal system in Egypt is a disaster.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
I am interested. How much to ship to Sweden? I can pay via the US, I am just visiting here for a few months.

I'm interested, but can you send it to Chile (South America) (I prefer normal mailing)

Cheers!