Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
we all knew that Elop will sell Nokia to Microsoft and now it happened. but its still sad for me.
And at this point Elop can return to the dark side of the moon, claim Ballmer's throne and, first and foremost, GTFO.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
sad news. I think this was the deal between elop n ballmer. Elop Helping microsoft to buyout ruined nokia just to be in the race of becoming next microsoft ceo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
This is the Endgame of BlackBerry and Nokia, and the real question is what it will mean for Sailfish. The fall heavyweights are going to own the rest of the year and the challengers have been scattered.

Nokia runs for the hills, er that is, to Microsoft. We'll see how that works out. My guess is that it won't work out well. At any rate, Nokia saw the storm on the horizon and has been begging to be acquired by Microsoft ever since.

The Crackberry forum has been buzzing about BB devices being pulled from T-Mobile stores and going direct sale only. Best Buy also had similar news concerning BlackBerry inventories for Verizon and AT&T and going direct ship once inventories sell down, and the same story is happening at Radio Shack. Buh-bye BlackBerry.

So into this competitive landscape comes Sailfish. Predictions?

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
RIP my friend

The Following User Says Thank You to p0pa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
No surprise here.

We all knew this is going to happen.

Finally!!!...good riddance!!!!
I for one am glad that this company is now history and will be relegated to the dustbin of history. This explains perfectly why they ditched their linux portfolio of products. Microsoft considers linux a cancer and there was no way they were going to support or continue to manufacture linux based products. Many of us knew that fat slob was a Microsoft trojan and now it's all been laid out for everyone to see.

The only sad part to this is that now Microsoft owns all the Nokia mobile patents and they WILL start doing whatever they can to squash Android, Sailfish, Tizen...basically any linux based mobile will now be on their radar. Get ready for a slew of lawsuits against these linux based OSs...

SB

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Is this really legal? Sending a trojan and buy it cheap when the castle has fallen? Do you know of any decent link regarding the legality of this matter? Not that I own Nokia/MS stocks just curious...
Also, could this pose a threat to the Neo900 project legal-wise?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
A big FU to Micro$oft and Elop.

A bigger FU to Nokia for letting it happen.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:

Tags
espionage, trojan man