Even though I have no use for a hardware keyboard, the n810 was, and still is, a beautiful refresh of the n800. The n900 should have been the founding father of a long line of first class devices, but then Nokia met Elop. Fail ensued. The fact that Nokia threw in the towel before both HP and BlackBerry just shows how truly gutless the board was. Elop will go down in history as a bigger loser than George W. Bush. Well, probably not.

Oh, and NOK is still lower than the last regime's lowest.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
when the facts are obvious there is no point in fighting with lumiafapper's ******ed, pointless and baseless nonsense guys. please.

Some shareholders were interviewed by the BBC, they were saying things like 'now it feels good again', 'glad it's over' and 'a new beginning'. I think that tells its own story.

Now please stop with all the insults, as an amoeba I'm very sensitive. If you can all just get along I'll show you my pom-pom dance.

*.*

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I am still looking for that promised Symbian land!

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
When Elop arrived, no one would have bought NOKIA mobile division. Everyone was shedding Symbian and going elsewhere.

So you are an idiot to think that NOKIA mobile division at the time Elop took over was worth anything. It was worth exactly 0, as no one had interest to buy antiquated NOKIA

Not only are u an idiot, but you are stupid too.
Google would've happily paid $20 B for Nokia before they had purchased Motorola.

It would've provided Goog'z the patent profile to actually sue Apple, and stop Android being victimized.

On top of that, its likely that Android adoption rate would've been much faster with this strategy in mind.

When Elop infiltrated Nokia, they didn't have any future plans... but they were big and worth a lot. By the time it got sold, Nokia's value plummeted. Had MS tried to purchase Nokia around 2009, they would've probably had to pay in excess of $50 B.

That's about a x10 deterioration of their company in terms of market share, future strategies and company value. So no, get your facts straight.

I'm flattered

Do you actually have evidence to back up that Google was willing to pay 20B for NOKIA? Why would they? They had so many manufacturers lined up, that would be a waste of money. Plus NOKIA wasnt producing Androids at that time, they were still dreaming of Symbian and Maemo domination.

When Elop inflitrated they had dying Symbian and inept Harmattan. I mean inept N9. To spend years to produce such a flop was unprecedented. Elop clearly saw that NOKIA doesnt have what it takes to compete on the software front, and honestly, even its hardware was not competitive with iphone, perhaps with Samsung and others, but even there they were faltering.

So I would say that is infinite appreciation when you divide 7 billion with Zero at that time.

Did anyone see these quotes from Michael Halbherr:

"We have sold our device business for a reason, but that doesn't keep us out of the device business"

"We are not prohibited from making any communication device. We will concept and think about new forms of devices"

"We will still surprise people with leading-edge hardware."

Any guesses as to what he's thinking of?

Elop clearly saw that NOKIA doesnt have what it takes to compete on the software front
So he chose WinCE Phone instead?

Ha ha ha ha

its hardware was not competitive with iphone, perhaps with Samsung
iPhone hardware > Samsung's?

Ha ha ha ha

Now you're funny!

Do you actually have evidence to back up that Google was willing to pay 20B for NOKIA? Why would they? They had so many manufacturers lined up, that would be a waste of money. Plus NOKIA wasnt producing Androids at that time, they were still dreaming of Symbian and Maemo domination.
Nokia stopped dreaming about Maemo domination while OPK was still in - despite records otherwise, not much came from trying to move Maemo upstream - only one device per OS iteration and each OS iteration was roughly 18 months at a time.

Google paid what, $12 Billion for Motorola, right? And that was a wasteful purchase; even their patent portfolio wasn't worth that and their present phones aren't producing sales. So given options, and quite a bit of speculation, I'd say that Nokia would have been a better purchase. I won't name a price, but I'd say they were worth more than $7 Billion.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
So he chose WinCE Phone instead?

Ha ha ha ha

iPhone hardware > Samsung's?

Ha ha ha ha

Now you're funny!
Hahahahaha

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha