Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
Egads yet another Apple ipod/iphone discussion.

Ohhhh, please please please share more Apple ipod experiences, anyone... I can't seem to get enough...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wes Doobner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post

Ohhhh, please please please share more Apple ipod experiences, anyone... I can't seem to get enough...
I've often wondered why they're here in the main forum about the Nokia tablets. Surely they belong in the "competitors" forum?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...isplay.php?f=4

Would iPhone sites appreciate us starting threads about the N810 in their main forum?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
Originally Posted by HellToupee View Post
actually more money to be made with software margins are higher especially when competitors are few.
I suspect apple have done the sums on this.
In an ideal world, yes. But if you are selling hardware, you can guarantee an almost one to one payback for each instance. If you are selling software what are your chances? 1 in 10 legit? 1 in 20?
How many copies of photoshop are genuine? Office?

Originally Posted by HellToupee View Post
OSX already works on other systems despite their best efforts to prevent it.
Obviously. There will always be ways of doing things, but not in any serious way that would result on any significant percentage of non-apple machines running it.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post

Clearly not as you are contributing to it

Well I got 16gb iPhone like a month ago, and I have only charged n800 only once, wich was today. It just seems so clunky what comes to the os. It needs to be smooth like apple os. I am stil kepping it for occasional nerd fun, and updading it frequently. Also at parties and such, it's great to give it to friend for occasional irc on the go.

Some people are asses and read ur mail and sms if you borrow ur phone. ATM I am hoping for the forthcoming diablo to clear the table.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
There are several 3rd party community solutions that are really quite nice
Last I checked, none of them integrate with Maemo's included things (like the contacts app). Lack of integration prevents me from agreeing that they're "really quite nice". Instead, they come with their own contacts app, etc.

I wouldn't mind if the Maemo PIM was a separate package, even one you have to buy. What I do mind is: there isn't anything that transparently integrates with Maemo's existing infrastructure. Therefore, no such acceptable Maemo PIM suite exists.

The other glaring hole in the Maemo software ecosystem, to me, is the lack of an easy sync solution between Maemo data (contacts, bookmarks, etc.) and desktop data (Windows apps, Mac apps, Mozilla apps, etc.).

Like I said, I wouldn't mind if those were an add-on. I wouldn't mind if they were a for-sale package (from Nokia, or a third party). What I do mind is: they simply don't exist right now.

Last edited by johnkzin; 2008-05-21 at 22:05.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Chiba, Japan
I live in Japan, so I'm kinda stuck in limbo. I have an n810 and can tether it to my softbank 815SH and it works super smoothly... but the data charges are insane. I'm currently in the process of shopping for a different cell provider that will allow data transfers to my n810 without such big charges, but for the most part in Japan it is always assumed you'll browse on your phone itself instead of some other device so they usually don't include data transfers in their fixed rate data plans.

I also picked up an ipod touch for the better music playback and I love the software it has, but the lack of an rss feeder that works offline and the lack of built-in speakers keeps me coming back to my n810 for certain uses. I'm waiting for now till the update coming out next month to see what happens, but if it doesn't allow offline rss reading I'll be jailbreaking my ipod most likely.

If I was really smart I would've gone with emobile because they offer high speed internet connections for a relatively low monthly fee, but I'm not 100% sure they'll work with my n810.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
In Riverside, California, USA we will soon have free WiFi throughout the whole city!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou