Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
True that , it was average Joe/Mohamed/Chang that got us all set back in 2007 trading a touch screen for a complete feature list as was to be found in the Nokia's of the time.
They did not know and love their devices for the features and I doubt they do so now.
Call, check, Facebook, check, grid of icons, check..
touchscreen was there long before... they traded it for a cool new UI and this is exactly what Jolla offers nowadays.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
What about XMPP ???

- is it only for text message?
- can we do calls/video-calls?
- file transfer like picture, videos, other files like apk ....

i have a XMPP Server, i can create a user for you to test all them... also PM me
I would also be very interested in the XMPP.-Features present on the device.

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Originally Posted by inffy View Post
Does exchange sync support calendar and contacts sync or only Mail sync?

Of calendar sync works with exchange, does IT sync multiple calendars or only the main calendar on the exchange account?
Exchange sync supports mail, contacts and calendar. I haven't tested yet multiple calendars.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Exchange sync supports mail, contacts and calendar. I haven't tested yet multiple calendars.
Great

If you can test the multipöe calendar sync (under one exchange account) would br greatly appreciated!

The Following User Says Thank You to inffy For This Useful Post:
It's funny how everybody presses the top right "Accept" or similar button when you can just swipe right->left as if you were going to the next page :-)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
For anyone complaining about skype its not been integrated because Microsoft are making the APIs private.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
w00t, I think it's a prime time for Jolla to launch an official community infrastructure (with forums and etc.). There was a post about it, but so far nothing came out. So it's past due!
Indeed, it's way, way, way overdue now, I've been arguing for something like this for so long now it's not even funny any more.
Filip & Carsten really crystallised it all beautifully in that "brain dump", time to move to some really cool/effective/efficient interfacing infra. ASAP.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
page 5 , last Picture.... a red/orange cover thats it
Really? How sad...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
What is encouraging is that they are taking steps to future proof their implementations...
How so?

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-28 at 10:24.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
really? how sad...
Wait... but has anybody with an actual Jolla account confrmed that that's it and it doesn't come with some content or anything? Just gauging whether Sailfish currently supports ID'ing the other half, going somewhere, downloading stuff, etc..

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
For anyone complaining about skype its not been integrated because Microsoft are making the APIs private.

That is inaccurate. Microsoft are (foolishly) removing the Desktop APIs - but these APIs were only available on Windows PCs and Macs running the Skype application, enabling 3rd parties to communicate with (and extend the functionality of) the Skype app (and to be fair in the face of much opposition they've backed down on this, at least a little)

It has nothing to do with mobile implementations and does not affect them in the slightest.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience