Notices

In other words is the standard webbrowser the only usable then... too bad, really liked opera

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
1-whats difference between linux 10.0.45 & 10.1.53?
2-when i play HD videos its so slow is it related to flash player?
3-thanks alot :d

Originally Posted by mattiasbäx View Post
In other words is the standard webbrowser the only usable then... too bad, really liked opera
I may be ill informed on this, as I was puzzled why none of the third-party browsers could use the Flash plugin, but the newer versions of Fennec/Mobile Firefox are beginning to have plugin support, so it may be able to use the Flash plugin soon.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by heartbreakdoctor View Post
1-whats difference between linux 10.0.45 & 10.1.53?
2-when i play HD videos its so slow is it related to flash player?
3-thanks alot :d
The difference is solely in the numbers. Tweakflashver is completely unrelated to implemented features or performance.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Hi, I had this working fine, but since using the 'clean' and 'autoclean' commands in the app CleaN900 it doesn't work.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I've tried reinstalling both Tweak Flash Version and Adobe Flash itself...

Can you give more details on "doesn't work" ? Does it start, give an error message, etc ?

Thanks for coming back to me, and sorry for not providing enough info in the first place!

Here's what I did (all within 5 mins): after installing TFV I ran it and changed the Flash version to Linux 10.1.53. Then I checked a site and a Flash video that never previously worked played perfectly!

I then ran CleaN900 and ran the 'autoclean' command. Then I reloaded the same site again but this time the Flash video didn't play - I get a black box where it is situated on the page (as I did before trying TFV).

I've tried a number of things: reinstalling TFV and Adobe Flash itself as well as clearing the browser cache and trying different Flash versions in TFV. TFV reports the new Flash mode fine and doesn't give me any errors, it's just the Flash doesn't play as it did before I ran CleaN900.

Hm, very weird - go and check on http://www.playerversion.com/ if you're actually seeing the right version. A reboot might also help. Alternatively, you can try retracing your steps (restore original flash ver, reboot, and then do what you did first time). I don't know what exactly CleaN900 does, but shouldn't affect TFV (the Flash package is part of the firmware so even if you would somehow lose TFV the plugin would be unaffected)

I once tried copying the libflash so file from nit droid (that I downloaded from market place) to maemo plugins where the maemo's libflash file is, it didnt work

Android is a very different beast, copying applications/libraries over will almost never work, even if they have the same name.

Tags
facebook video, flash 10, flash 10.1, poormansflash10, tweak flash