Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by simsalabim View Post
I usually read the last page to see if it is still "alive" and also check the first post to get an overview. I always find it helpful if the first post is updated and gives information on the current version and where to find it... but that's just me.
My apologies! I just haven't been keeping up Pierogi as I should; I've been spending my free time on a variety of other pasta products, as well as learning the ways of Android... I'll try to put a bit more effort back into my original app here. (It does help to see that folks are still using it... )

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
I tried to use Pierogi ... couldn't configure to LG hd tv, Samsung surround sound nor satelite decoder ... I spent a few hours trying various keysets ... non worked. I hope updated version does work .... Look forward to it
Actually, LG tvs have been fairly well supported in Pierogi all the way back to before version 1.0. I'm not sure exactly what the problem would be; perhaps you could try the "Automated Keyset Search" in the development version of Pierogi. If that isn't able to trigger a response in any controllable device, there may be a problem with the IR port on your N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
oth howdo i delete faviouratr keysets
Ah, well, I was trying to consolidate all management of keysets to a single screen, which is currently accessed by the "Select Keyset from List" option in the drop-down menu. (And yeah, I need to get this into the documentation!) If you go to that list, you can hit the "Only Show Favorites" checkbox to pull up your favorites, and from there, click on one of your favorite keysets. At that point, a dialog box pops up that gives you the option to remove it from the favorites list or change its nickname.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ah, well, I was trying to consolidate all management of keysets to a single screen, which is currently accessed by the "Select Keyset from List" option in the drop-down menu. (And yeah, I need to get this into the documentation!) If you go to that list, you can hit the "Only Show Favorites" checkbox to pull up your favorites, and from there, click on one of your favorite keysets. At that point, a dialog box pops up that gives you the option to remove it from the favorites list or change its nickname.
got it
so complicated lol anyway its easy now
and yes i use pierogi ofen and most ofen people with 500 inch dual octa core slabs ask with their jaws open how you did that what app in playstore also pierogi was one of the prime reason that led to nabbing of my phone by the next door kid lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
thanks copernicus ... seems like a fault in the ir port ...

thanks copernicus ... seems like a fault in the ir port ...
Well, hmm. One quick check to see if the IR port is working at all is to look at it with a digital camera (if you've got a camera or another cell phone handy). The IR wavelength being used is invisible to our eyes, but most digital cameras are sensitive to it. For example, I just switched on Pierogi's automated keyset search (which spends a lot of time turing the IR LED on and off), and took a picture of my N900 from another cellphone -- you can see the light from the LED in the attached photo:
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Thanks Copernicus, will give it a try ... I have done an extensive search of the problem and it seems quite common on the N900 re. LIRC ... I know zip about programming and would not even know where to begin to repair ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frasier For This Useful Post:
Ok, Thanks Copernicus ... I have established that the IR is working ... shows up on a photo ... So, I need to experiment more with options.

Perhaps I am too far away from the appliances ...

Hope to get to the bottom of this now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frasier For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Perhaps I am too far away from the appliances ...
Well, the IR LED on the N900 isn't extremely powerful. My TV reacts reliably from up to about 2m, hit-and-miss from 3m and not at all from 4m.

Still, useful when the kids lose the TV remote (again)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Grailham City
I finally installed the current version. Mainly because I was hoping the keyset for my Grundig tv would be included, but it is not. It is called “GRUNDIG 48 VLE 4421 BF”. I would be happy to provide you with any further information you need to maybe make it work – that would be soooo great! Just let me know what you need!

As a workaround I am currently using the “Grundig TV Keyset 2” from your list. The keypad works ok, but none of the other tabs. Especially the buttons on from the “main” menu show ... unexpected behavior I guess that is because it is just not the right keyset…

The Following User Says Thank You to simsalabim For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control