Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
Now i think that the Nokia N900 was a very good cellphone, the Nitdroid runs well since the voice call don't run correctly but it's enough for me but every two years, i sell my cellphone and buy another. Now i am thinking in Nokia N9.

Well, the Nokia N900 is good but it's a slow cellphone and the user experience is not so good. In videos, N9 seems to be a better cellphone and seems to be a better product and not only a "geek toy".

I am planning to buy a second hand Nokia N9 that costs here in Brazil something like 200, 300 dollars and a used Nokia N900 costs US$ 250 here in Brazil, this means that is a good opportunity to replace my cellphone to something newer.

I want to know if Nokia N9 is a good cellphone and have good games, applications and the Nitdroid for N9 have good experience to be an option to use in everyday.

N9 is a thin cellphone, it's beautiful and very interesting, the interface seems to be good to use and i consider this cellphone to be a upgrade, i will can run Nitdroid, Firefox OS and Meego Harmattan and using Harmattan, the learning will continue and i will continue developing softwares to these operating system.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I you want a great smartphone, with awesome video capabilities , perfect signal, good battery , built quality , plenty of applications/games then go for the 808 Pureview.

This & N9 are the best phones in the market imo

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Sorry for portuguese here, people.

Ei, eu tenho um N900 E um N9.
O N9 é o meu smartphone principal, e como você disse, o N900 é um geek toy.

Nitdroid: TUDO o que você tem no N900 vc tem no N9. Sem problemas aqui.
Jogos: Não curto muito jogos. O N9 já vem com alguns jogos por default: Andry Birds, Need for Speed e um tal de Real Golf. Você encontra uns ou outros mais. Também tem uma app (Emumaster) que é um bom emulador, embora ainda muito beta
Apps em geral: Vem com leitor de arquivos Office. Também vem com um notes. Tem bastante coisa já no market. Tem Firefox e Opera, inclusive você pode setar o seu browser padrão.

No início eu fiquei bastante relutante em comprar, principalmente pelo preço (R$ 1699 em SP). Quando baixou para 999 comprei e não me arrependo. Nem um pouco. É incrível!

Espero ter ajudado.

Cael

Se tiver alguma dúvida, @cael_gomes no twitter.

γράφετε με αγγλικά παρακαλώ

write in english please

Sorry. :P

Curiosity, there's a popular saying in Brazil: "speaking greek" (or in portuguese, "falando grego") which means "speaking incomprehensible things".

Originally Posted by cael_gomes View Post
Sorry. :P

Curiosity, there's a popular saying in Brazil: "speaking greek" (or in portuguese, "falando grego") which means "speaking incomprehensible things".

yes, there's a similar saying in english too (it's all greek to me)

anyway, you better write in english in order for us to understand all the interesting things you have to say

Judging by what interests you, you would be better off with an actual Android smartphone.

The OG Galaxy S (with custom rom) should at least be on-par with the N9. You could do one better with the Galaxy S2 which should still be cheaper than N9. Or even better with the Gnex for $349.

Otherwise an oversized SGS3 is a marginally better choice.
Or you can grab the OG NOTE or NOTE-2, if you can handle it.

I'm flattered

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
Originally Posted by cael_gomes View Post
Sorry for portuguese here, people.

Ei, eu tenho um N900 E um N9.
O N9 é o meu smartphone principal, e como você disse, o N900 é um geek toy.

Nitdroid: TUDO o que você tem no N900 vc tem no N9. Sem problemas aqui.
Jogos: Não curto muito jogos. O N9 já vem com alguns jogos por default: Andry Birds, Need for Speed e um tal de Real Golf. Você encontra uns ou outros mais. Também tem uma app (Emumaster) que é um bom emulador, embora ainda muito beta
Apps em geral: Vem com leitor de arquivos Office. Também vem com um notes. Tem bastante coisa já no market. Tem Firefox e Opera, inclusive você pode setar o seu browser padrão.

No início eu fiquei bastante relutante em comprar, principalmente pelo preço (R$ 1699 em SP). Quando baixou para 999 comprei e não me arrependo. Nem um pouco. É incrível!

Espero ter ajudado.

Cael
Relaxa, falo português também Pra mim uns 20 jogos é mais que o suficiente, gosto também de bons programas, o celular é muito bonito, é bacana demais, estou doido pra ter, roda Meego que é um Maemo disfarçado, então acho que vale a pena, meu uso é para continuar desenvolvendo.

Só que eu to querendo comprar um usado por R$ 600 bem novinho, então acho que vale a pena. Considerando que não sou de pagar muito caro em um celular. Por outro lado, sou um estudante de engenharia da computação e gosto muito de mexer com Linux e por isso, estou desenvolvendo um projeto para o Maemo como forma de aprender melhor sobre o sistema e colaborar com a comunidade que apesar de pequena, se mostra muito unida e ativa, acho isso excelente.

----------------------------------------------------------

For those who do not understand Portuguese, I will translate the conversation

cael_gomes said that the Nokia N9 is his main smartphone and as i said, N900 is a geek toy and he said that the Nitdroid in N9 is seamless than the Nokia N900 nitdroid, runs flawless and he said too that don't like so much games... For more, see below a translation made in Google Translator.

Nitdroid: ALL that you have on you is the N9, you have too in N900. No problems here.
Games: I don't like so much games. The N9 comes with some games by default: Andry Birds, Need for Speed ​​and such a Real Golf. You find one or more others. It also has an app (Emumaster) which is a good emulator, while still very beta
Apps in general: Comes with Office file reader. Also comes with a notes. It has quite a lot already in the market. Has Firefox and Opera, you can even set your default browser.

At first I was very reluctant to buy, especially for the price (R$ 1,699 in São Paulo - US$ 830). When the price reduced to R$ 999, i bought and not sorry. Not a bit. It's amazing! : D

The Following User Says Thank You to guisoliver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
If you want to go with the crowd, get an Android. If you want something which we call as a 'smartphone', get an N9

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post: