Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Maybe someone who know to use sdk, can repackage version of FileTug app for tablet ? From this source: https://github.com/Matoking/Filetug ?
Thanks

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Thanks coderus! Very useful information. Was wondering, Has anyone gotten maxima or wxmaxima to work on sailfish? Also given the size of tablet screen libre office might be a useful tool.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
https://mega.nz/#!qQpU2DKT!PgSXq0s5z...Nds5EzRobycP80 for filetug
Big big thanks ! Work perfectly !
I also created "Start as root for FileTug" with link to your post in changelog

https://openrepos.net/content/schtur...asroot-filetug

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
This is really strange - even with persistent journalctl logging the logs before this scenario will be vanished.

This also seems to not depend on the battery percentage since my Tablet also shut down with full battery.
So now I found something:

Code:
[root@Jolla nemo]# journalctl --no-pager | grep "shut"
Mar 17 23:58:56 Jolla kernel: dollar_cove_pwrsrc dollar_cove_pwrsrc: Last shutdown caused by SOC initiated cold off
Mar 18 00:11:52 Jolla kernel: dollar_cove_pwrsrc dollar_cove_pwrsrc: Last shutdown caused by SOC initiated cold off
The battery was at about 80%, my Jolla Tablet just lay on my desk at 22°C and it turned off twice in a short time period.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Python is also available, probably from mer-tools.

I have already accepted the fact that eventually I'll need to learn how to build stuff in the JDK for both phone and tablet. Wouldn't use android for that...
No, Python (2.7.9 and 3.4.3) is easily available from default Sailfish repositories, no need to add mer-tools repository to use Python.

Python isn't installed by default on Sailfish, but some Sailfish softwares (gpodder, etc) are built with Python and depend on Python, so it Python became installed if one of these softwares are installed :
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Sai...on_Development

Or use "pkcon install python" on Terminal to install Python 2.7.9, or "$ pkcon install python3-base" to install Python 3.4.3.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Ok. This is REAL Sick... Once I got the play store working, I installed GNURoot Debian on the Jolla tablet. I then installed python and imagemagick. So, here I am. Using a Jolla tablet to run an Android app so that I can run imagemagick utilities like convert... lol. Are these already available from jolla related repositories?
If the default Sailfish repositories, plus mer-tools repository, plus community (Openrepos.net & Mer OBS) don't have all you need in termos of gnu/Linux, you can run a chroot Linux image, at least in text mode (without X11), without using Alien Dalvik, as chroot is available in Sailfish.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2016-03-18 at 09:50.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I’m quite happy with the Jolla tablet safe one thing : the power consumption.

The idle consumption is high, even when doing NOTHING. It’s about 15 to 20 % points per day. If you leave the browser open, the power consumption is then at least twice higher.

In usage, when browsing internet, the tablet becomes slightly hot. In the same situation, the Jolla phone stay cool.

Well, nothing severe but I’m a little disappointed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
I’m quite happy with the Jolla tablet safe one thing : the power consumption.

The idle consumption is high, even when doing NOTHING. It’s about 15 to 20 % points per day. If you leave the browser open, the power consumption is then at least twice higher.

In usage, when browsing internet, the tablet becomes slightly hot. In the same situation, the Jolla phone stay cool.

Well, nothing severe but I’m a little disappointed
I can confirm all of that. Especially while playing on android, it does not take very long until SFOS tells you to close all apps because of heat. It's just not… cool.

Power Usage: I have not tried my usual phone habit of stopping alien dalvik when not used, but that should help a bit if you use Android stuff at all.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
If the default Sailfish repositories, plus mer-tools repository, plus community (Openrepos.net & Mer OBS) don't have all you need in termos of gnu/Linux, you can run a chroot Linux image, at least in text mode (without X11), without using Alien Dalvik, as chroot is available in Sailfish.
Thank you for the info and filling in some gaps for me. I clearly need some time to learn the landscape around here!

Was wondering, is it possible to set the developer keyboard (finger term) as default. For example it is a pita for me to type in passwords using the default one. Also, is it possible for text to not scroll over the keyboard on finger term? It would be better, at least for me if I can just scroll through output in the area above the keyboard. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfishos