Notices

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thanks. Just experienced it after installing your app. I will wait then. Thanks.

Today, for the first time, we've been able to reproduce the problem and we have found a memory underrun bug that leaded to segfault of the input handler in very rare cases. The same problem disabled the character counter in SMSs in some circumstances, due to a conflict with a bug of the operating system (https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=164).

This problem never appeared before on our test devices (two N9 16 GB e one N9 64GB). We're very sorry for the inconvenient and we'll try to help everyone had problems.

The bug is fixed on the next release, waiting for approval by the Nokia Store.
We hope to see the upgrade on the store at max in the next 24 hours.

Patrizio Bruno

Last edited by desertconsulting; 2012-02-26 at 18:38.

Could you provide terminal commands to completely remove Quick Voice? The standard ways of uninstalling are not working on my device. The problem with the app is widespread. Several people have described it in your app's reviews in the Ovi store. Thanks, we are all hoping that this bug is not too hard to fix, but until then, we need our keyboards!

To remove the keyboard is enough to follow the normal procedure used for any other app: go to the Applications page of the home then a long press on the "Voice Input" icon and a tap on the red X when it appears.

If you enabled developer mode on your device, use your pc to connect to it with SSH, switch to super-user using devel-su and launch

apt-get --purge remove voiceinput

Here's a guide to enable developer mode: http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...oper_mode.html

Version 0.1.7 is out. It fixes every known bug and has been tested on PR1.2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desertconsulting For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
Originally Posted by desertconsulting View Post
Is there anyway to make QV work in conjunction with a bluetooth headset?

Right now you have to turn off headset to input to QV and then turn it back on to use it for SMS.

The Following User Says Thank You to jefftb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by desertconsulting View Post
Yes, it solved the missing keywords after reboot and the missing character count while writing SMS.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Hi desertcouslting,

I bought the app but couldn't install it on PR1.3. apt-get install said "Depends: libmeegoimquick0 but it is not installable"

What should I do now?

First, everyone should know that this app is running great on PR 1.3.

But please, this app NEEDS capitalization support as a top priority. This is a very good app, and all bugs have been successfully resolved by the dev. Now, we just need some of the features that were promised earlier, like capitalization support. I would also like it if the SOS keyboard were configurable, because I use a modified English VKB instead of the standard one. So, if the program could show a list of installed VKBs and allow you to select your preference for SOS keyboard, that would be great.

These two additions would greatly improve the utility of the app!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
There is an update available at the Nokia store!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post: